Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Help: Electron 6 with JR 9303!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Electron 6 with JR 9303!

Hi there. I may have gotten some wrong information when placing an order...and I need to know what the right solution is. I'm using a JR9303 TX and my electric helicopter combo came with an Electron 6 dual conversion RX. I specified that I needed the JR shift...which I understood to be positive. What I received is a negative shift RX and crystal. I opened the box, plugged in my servos and things either weren't working or a servo went to one extreme...that's when I noticed the shift that I actually received.

The customer service rep where I ordered the heli combo told me that since the RX is dual conversion, shift isn't a factor. Is this true? Or did I get hosed?

Also, I'm really not familiar with the Hitec receiver channels. I'm used to JR labeling everything. Can anyone tell me specifically what Ch. 1-6 is? ie - Ail, Elev, ... , gyro gain, collective.

Thanks in advance for the TRUTH.

J. H.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help: Electron 6 with JR 9303!

You'll most definitely need a JR positive shift RX. Dual Conversion has nothing to do with this...

The correct Electron will have the channel designations for JR and it's no different than any other JR receiver.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:18 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Thanks...that's what I thought! Man, if I have to wait another month to get the right part, I don't know what I'm gonna do!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 09:13 AM
My Feedback: (4)

The 9303 doesn't have shift select????? I would think
a radio in that price range sure should.

Larry
Old 01-15-2005, 10:52 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Shift selection would not be needed if Futaba and Hitec marketed positive shift systems in the USA like every other manufacturer in the RC industry. As a matter of fact, Futaba and Hitec market positive shift systems everywhere else in the world except the USA. It appears to be a marketing decision made back when they were first introduced to the US market. I suppose it was done as a means to discourage purchasing other equipment. As far as I know, there is no technical reason. It is too bad, since it would seem to add additional production costs to manufacture and support two separate product lines. It would be nice to see some standardization in the industry for some items such as shift, pcm coding, connectors, charging polarity, etc.