Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 Software Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 01:20 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 Software Question

Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of research in buying a new radio and have read a lot of posts here on RCU. I have set my mind on Optic 6 but it seems like a lot of people are talking about bugs in Optic 6 software. At this point, before buying anything, I would like to know if these bugs are going to be fixed by Hitec guys? How would people already owning Optic 6 get a software upgrade? I don't wana go through the process of sending my TX to the company and then wait for them to update it and return it. Is there an easier way that we can adopt? Please help me here because I am not buying any Optic 6 until I am clear on this upgrade process.

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:50 AM

Default RE: Optic 6 Software Question

Airborne..... I just received mine yesterday. I'm keeping my present Tx until I'm absolutely sure of the Hitec Optic 6 Tx. According to Mike, the software problem for Model 1 dumping it's memory is only happening to 2% of the radios. I maybe in the 2%...don't know as yet, ..... the other problem seems to be...and I was advised of this, is to not let your throttle trim go below -60.
Otherwise, this seems to be one really good 6 channel radio loaded with lots of features you would only find in more expensive radios.

I just jumped right in and bought the radio and I'm hoping that when the fix comes out, it would resolve all the minor probs with the Tx and if I have to send it in...I would still have my present radio with it's current setup for all my planes.
You can either go ahead as I did and buy the Tx or wait for the newer ones with any fixes Hitec will provide.

Cheers.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:22 PM

All known problems are being addressed with the Optic. Existing radios will need to be returned to the Hitec service department to have the fix implemented.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Brendan,

Any idea when these updates are going to be available ?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:27 PM

I do not have an ETA yet. This is something that will take a little bit of time to fix and impliment a procedure to take care of the radios out there.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM

Brendan; Please keep us informed on what to do. I experienced the same problem and don't want to take the chance on flying any of my planes. Am willing to trade in my Optic 6 brand new never used for a Eclipse.
Britt