Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

hs-5245mg servo's

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hs-5245mg servo's

Hitec Engineer,

I purchased 15 5245mg servo's and a Hitec programmer. I plan on going to six volts. I have read on some of the forum posts that the larger the plane the bigger in size the servos should be not-withstanding the torque they produce. As you are aware the 5245's are "mini" but put out 76.37 oz. at six volts. That much torque is more than I usally used on my sixty size planes and even more than I used on a 4-star 120 (i used Jr. analog with 55 0z. at 4.8). I even used just one of the 55 0z. on each aileron without any flutter or other problems.
My question is what size plane should I limit the 5245's to. I understand the other variables of speed, weight, control surface size all have an effect, so assume I am going to fly aerobatic low wing sport type planes.
Should I concern myself with the size of the plane if the designer recommends servo's that have torque less than the 5245's?
Thank you,
[email protected]
Old 03-14-2005, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hs-5245mg servo's

The physical size of the servo also needs to be taken into account along with the torque. The 5245's I would probably limit to a 60 -90 sized model depending on the model type and control surface size.