Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Focus 4 Problem.....Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Focus 4 Problem.....Help

I have a Focus 4 TX with a Hitec RX AM set up. I had this all working in a Tamiya king Tiger Tank using a Novak ESC. The Novak doesn't work anymore and when I put in a new Duratrax Sprint ESC everything goes haywire. The Sprint ESC works fine on the throttle channel (3) by itself, (I drove it forward and backward) when I plug in any other servos (ie. steering) with the ESC plugged in they don't work. Sometimes one will move slow all the way in one direction. I have a Jr landing gear servo that I tested in all 4 channels on the RX and it worked fine. I also was able to get one of the Hitec HS-300 servos to move only on channel 4. I can't figure this out. I have a Futaba Magnum 2 channel that works my ESC fine on chan 2 but none of my servos work on channel 1. So basically nothing is working right. I have tried just using servo batteries with out the ESC and again the Jr servo works and none of my Hitecs work. Did my Novak screw something up. But why does my hitec steering servo work by itself. This is so hard to explain.....
Old 03-23-2005, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Hitec Focus 4 Problem.....Help

It's possible that the first ESC damaged the receiver. Do you have another receiver you could try?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Hitec Focus 4 Problem.....Help

I definately fried the receiver. Is this something that could be fixed or should I just go out and buy a new one.