Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 69** series on a Funtana 90???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 12:14 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 69** series on a Funtana 90???

I'm in the process of building a Funtana 90 and I was thinking of using Hitec 6975 servos all around (except throttle). The speed, torque, and weight of these servos are perfect, BUT, will the "karbonite gears" hold up?? I've read a few posts where the kabonite gears have failed due to the demand placed on the servo by the huge control surfaces on the funtana 90. It's easy enough to go metal gear but they are heavier (which I don't want, especially in the tail), and will wear quicker. I'm confused, please advise........Thanks.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:16 AM

Default RE: Hitec 69** series on a Funtana 90???

The Funtana 90 is something like a 10lb plane so the Karbonite servos should hold up fine. One of the pilots here was flying a 110 size Yak and has had no problem what so every with the servos.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:10 AM

Default RE: Hitec 69** series on a Funtana 90???

I have flown the 6965 (higher speed, less torque servo) on the rudder of my Cap 232 1/4 scale at 11 lbs. It flew well from the very beginning they were available. I fly advanced IMAC and 3D and no blow back or anything indesirable with this servo. These servos are the most precise I have ever seen, they are competitive!

In fact, my plane has 5975s on elevators and 6965s on ailerons and rudder. I think that all 59xx series servos are very good.