Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

signal wire in Eclipse transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signal wire in Eclipse transmitter

Could I get a picture of where I can tap into the signal wire in the Eclipse transmitter?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: signal wire in Eclipse transmitter

ORIGINAL: sadsack Could I get a picture of where I can tap into the signal wire in the Eclipse transmitter?
Aurora and Optic Sport Trainer / SIM connection. showing pinouts of Eclipse DIN socket.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 PM

Thank you Alan for the quick reply. Actually, I am installing the new diy 2.4g Corona module which is installed internally. I just need to find where a signal wire land where I can solder the signal lead from the module. I have the transmitter apart, but I don't know enough to proceed confidantly. The trainer switch has two wires, if they are signal wires I could go there. What would be better is to locate the signal pin in the trainer socket and solder to the backside of that. Oh, wait! Duh! You just gave me that information! Pin #2 is the signal wire. Now all I have to do is verify and solder! Any suggestions on how to verify?
Wow! RCU forums rock! Thanks again for the info. Will let you know how it works.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM

I would go for the pin on the trainer / usb interface. See pinout of the din connector. Other sugestion would be to use the connection on the TX module (tx inside).

you will find the refered pinouts here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2908788
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2911144
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2908666 (pin 2 is ppm out)

hope to help
LMR

Corona has two modules for the eclipse one FHSS (I've one of these) and another DSSS who will fit the tx module on the eclipse without problems.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM

I must admit, these forums are very helpful with you experts freely giving helpful advice. Thanks again. My Eclipse is now successfully transmitting in 2.4ghz! And what a neat installation. I really like the fact that the 2.4ghz rf module is inside the transmitter and all I have to do is remove the 72mhz module to be 2.4ghz only. I have been using Corona's synthesizing 4ch receivers which are very small and light and inexpensive and able to go to any open frequency, but I've been having some glitches in flight with one and I am in the process of finding the cause. If the new 2.4ghz receiver fixes the problem, it was the receiver. If not, it is probably the servos, which are 9g Tower Pros. My next test flight will be soon.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 AM

Glad to be able to help. One more sugestion.

I've had the same problems you describe. It seems that unlikely the ppm receivers, the 2.4 receivers put out all the channels at once.

This is not a problem by itself. The problem is that all the servos try to adjust their positions at the same time resulting in a power oscilation that can be disastrous. I've had a problem on a Ventus Sailplane (103'') which made the elevator oscilate without any aparent reason after releasing the sticks.

After connecting a power monitor it became obvious: the servos drain too much current for the esc to cope with, then the receiver shuts down, then all the servos stop, then the receiver wakes and then all the servos move and again the receiver shuts down....

Solution, it was to place a large capacitor connected to the power pins on the receiver (2000uF preferably one of those with low esr) in order to help with the power surges and dont use the bec on the esc, instead use a UBEC rated at least 5Amps.

Corona made it quite ok. It may not be as immune as FASTT or as spektrum, (I'm sorry to say but I've no experience with new Hitec 2.4 system). The only problems I've had are described on their manual as 'don't do it's, and where related to a wire fence and a very near pass (small wave lengths get reflected back and forth in the fence)

Best regards
Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM

I am glad you answered, creek. Good info on the servo current draw problem, my attention will now focus more in that area. I am using 9g servos in a 20a motor with 2200mah 20c lipo. Flying smoothly now with Corona 2.4ghz receiver. Are you using digital servos?

Regards,
David