Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Whats gonna happen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats gonna happen?

Hey everyone I just read on the hpi site that they are telling you DO NOT! put any WD40 in the engine. woops I already have put WD40 in my engine twice in the carb and in the engine where the glow plug goes, whats going to happen to my savage? Is it going to be ruined? Im kinda scared? Also thats all my friend uses for his revo he uses WD40 after everytime he uses his revo. I hardly ever do the after-run proceedures i run my car almost everyday so i dont bother taking out the fuel in my tank and line and I dont bother putting after-run oil in my engine unless im not going to use it for a week, which when i was having problems with my car during the summer I forgot to add after-run oil in it and I left fuel in my tank and everything for about 4 months is my engine screwed?

Please HELP!,
mako3
Old 01-16-2005, 04:05 PM

Default RE: Whats gonna happen?

I dont think you are screwed. There are a few peopel on this site who claim o used wd40 with no problems - I dont, I use ARO but those that do seem to get away with it. <shrugs>
Old 01-16-2005, 04:27 PM

Sweet thanks ahab!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:52 PM

I use 3-in-1 oil. It seems to work pretty good as well.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:22 PM
My Feedback: (12)

yah my friend uses wd 40 and his engine works fine still
Old 01-16-2005, 05:35 PM

I prefer automatic transmission fluid for ARO or Marvel Mystery Oil or even 3-in-1 oil. I don't much like WD-40 but I doubt you've hurt anything. I wouldn't use it anymore though
Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 PM

alright thanks yea i have this [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=EVOX1000]after run oil[/link] for my savage but i dont use it after everytime i run my engine when should i use my aro and how many drops cause it says 10-15 drops and last time i did that my car wouldnt start so i put about 5 drops now.

Thanks,
Mako3
Old 01-16-2005, 06:26 PM

i use amsoil metal protector, its just spray oil, but alot better than WD40, even though i have used WD40 without a problem