Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What one???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What one???

Im looking for a MT and not sure what one is right for me. Im looking for one that i can build and hop-up over time. One that will be pamperd, ran but not jumped or hard. What would be better?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMCA1&P=ML
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJUP1&P=ML
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LC2796&P=1
I kinda like the ATV couse its defferent.
Kit or RTR, dont matter. I have xtra electronics anyhow.
thanks
Old 03-15-2006, 08:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What one???

well the savage x is the easiest to work on, the 4.6 is the best performance (minus handling the x handles better) and the kfx is cool. and the cheapest (finally they lowered the price on it). you will be able to pamper the x more easily seeing as it comes apart ALOT easier. the x will also be the quietest of the bunch especially with the silencer cone installed. the 4.6 hs the best over all tires, dirtbonz dont wear easily and hook up in more places then you think. ive had my dirtbonz for a year on street dirt sand snow mud grass etc and no wear. the 4.6 also has the better brakes and beefier drivetrain. the kfx is still using the stock savage 25 airfilter where as the other 2 have hpi's high perf airfilter. ummmmm what ru looking for specifically in a truck? they are all essentially the same just one is hopped up for performance, the other is redesigned for ease of use and has some performance features built in, and the last looks cool but essentially a savage 25 (which wont disappoint you)
Old 03-15-2006, 08:39 PM

Well, Im kinda looking for a good truck that can be up-graded. Im thinking that the ATV would be the better one for me then couse i will be replacing most of the hoped-up parts anyway. Im wonting to be able to build it for looks mostly, but be able to have a little fun and show off too. I have a RS4 3 18SS for the road, and just got a TRX Sport to trash around (will be hping it up A LOT) Im not buying now, the wife say i have to save my money [:@] They never understand. hehe. Thanks for the fast reply buy the way.. and the info. Just what i needed to know..
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

no problem, post some pics when your done, hpi is coming out with new rims and tires soon and the rims look SWEET. you may want to pick them up.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM

http://store.savagess.com/product_in...ed97e9658a3062

I would get tht one. I think its the best.
I got one and love it, its crazzzy, and wheelies everywhere,even downhill, And the speed is great also
Its like the 4.6 but its ready to run and has alot of upgrades.
I got this one and I never turned pack.
I ordered mine for 525 , and u could get it for 409!! get this one.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:06 AM

what about this? would this be a good truck? seems to have a lot of hop-ups for it and to tell the truth, i have the little sport and just love it. Runs great and is real easy to start and tune. Easier then my RS4 18SS.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXPW87**&P=0
Old 03-17-2006, 08:02 AM

Unless you really want a T max, Id get the SS 4.6. also get to build it.

Oh and my Dirtbonz are bald as a babys ass after one year, I run everywhere.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 AM

Get a Savage LE and then put the four wheeler body on it. HPI has their version or you could do the Raptor body from Pro-line. Pro-line also sells "Stunt Steve", the little guy that rides on the four wheeler, but he comes unpainted so you can dress him up however you want.

The LE comes with the better brakes, three speed, dirtbonz tires and a couple of other HPI hopups too. Plus it's on sale at some places since it's been discontinued. I think someone posted a couple of days ago that they got one for $399 at AMain Hobbies. That's a screaming deal.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:59 AM

I would also say the 4.6 ss as well. I'm a traxxas racist. I have one and it's okay it will do cartwheels all day but when it comes to big air it falls apart.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 AM

If you get a tmaxx you'll be fixing it all the time.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:17 PM

If you are planning to do a lot of Hop-ups, why buy a complete truck. You are going to replace the parts that you already payed for. Go on to EBay and find a roller. They are new and are missing a lot of the parts you will replace.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM

well i was looking and reading on these things and came across this one? Whats the deal on this ( for anyone who has or know someone who has one)
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p584.html