Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 2nd Gear Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 2nd Gear Video

Any one got the link to the HPI video showing when a savage should chagne, I cnat find it any where.

Cheers
Old 03-18-2006, 07:02 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Savage 2nd Gear Video

You don't need a vid for that. It's preference on where it should change. Optimum change will be around 20 to 30 feet, at least that's where I like it. My buddy like his to shift around 12 feet, Like I said, it depends on what you like.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
My Feedback: (1)

i have mine so it shifts at like 45 feet for my basher truck and my racer is set to likt 15-20 feet. if you are in wide open space later shifting will work out better, in more confined smaller space make the shift earlier.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:58 PM

hi , im new to this whole program here, anyways i was wondering if you could help me with my savage 25, its is not shifting right, i tryed to adjust the hex screw to make it shift,i know i was turning the right screw, but it still doesnt shift no matter where the screw is, i have tuned the everything right and still nothing, the truck seems to take of ok so i think it is stuck in first but im not sure

if you could help me that would be great
Old 03-19-2006, 12:01 AM
My Feedback: (1)

well.....it all depends on how fast the truck is goin to tell whether or not the truck is in first or second. there's really no way for me to tell unless i see it......it is possible it is shifting but you just dont hear it or see it, from it being too early. i have been in the same situation where tuning doesnt seem to work anywhere across the board......just keep trying, the screw goes pretty far itll eventually make it.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:08 AM

If it is tuned ALL the way to the right though that would mean it would be chagning very late, maybe the revs are not getting up enough to change it?
have you turned it all the way to the left and then back it up a ouple of turns.?
Then do a slow run, start it near by and slowl accelerate away, that way it should change a set very low and then you can hear it.

Also you know there are 2 screws on the cogs right, u say your turning the right one but just double check. I too thought i was turning the correct one but then realised after i mucked up the gears for a bit, that it was indeed the WRONG one, DOH.

I know it is personal prefrence about the 2nd gear change, i just wanted to see that video agan thats all .
Old 03-19-2006, 09:03 AM

yes i know i did the right screw , its the bottom one, the other one holds the thing in, its possilble its shifting and i dont hear it, i have turned that screw in every position
Old 03-19-2006, 09:06 AM

i really dont know what it could be, i had anothor friend try to help me figure it out and we both couldnt get it, i have taken the whole trans apart like 12 times, i know the screw has its spring and ball they are both in good condition, i know the tuck is get high rpm its goes about 30-40mph