Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X rtr or the Savage XSS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X rtr or the Savage XSS

Hi folks. I have both the savage X rtr and the Xss versions with me. However, the XSS is still new, all ready to go. Could anyone here tell me what the main differences I am looking at in the XSS? I have a friend who would like to buy one of the trucks. Which is the harder and honestly, better one for me to stick to? He doesn't do bashing the hard way as I do. Also, I have a whole lot of spares for the X. So I could use a few things here and there. But again, thats if the X has a stronger advantage.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:58 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Savage X rtr or the Savage XSS

X ss, imo, i got it it makes a bit less power but you can get better stuff out of the box, so you're not payin' for crappy electronics

and my advice grab so diff oil i use 7k and love it instead of the grease,

the lug
Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 AM

Lug. That still leaves me hanging. Assume I have the Xss and a whole lot of spares from the X rtr. What parts should I use from the rtr on the XSS to make it a mean machine. Lets go from there.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:52 AM

The XSS has everything the X has and more. Keep the XSS, its just that much better. Whatever parts you have left keep them for any future repairs.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: -SomeGuy-

The XSS has everything the X has and more. Keep the XSS, its just that much better. Whatever parts you have left keep them for any future repairs.
Exactly. Taking parts of the X RTR and putting them on the X SS is like downgrading the XSS.[&:]
Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
My Feedback: (1)

uhh from what i've heard the f4.6 has a bit more power and i've also heard that the drive shafts are better other than that i can't think of anything that's on the x rtr that's better than the x ss... it's a sweet truck and tires depending on what you're doing

the lug