Search
Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

CLEANING DA 100 CARB

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLEANING DA 100 CARB

Hi, I have two DA 100 and I’m wondering how often do you recommend cleaning out the carburetor, which parts to take apart and how to clean them?
Right now I’ve just sprayed carb cleaner with out taking anything apart. But I’ve been flying at a VERY dusty field and I would like to make sure my carb is clean.
Hope you can help

Regards
Old 11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: CLEANING DA 100 CARB

Hello Freddy....Thanks for your support in IMAC by coming to the SC regional championship..It was nice meeting you and hangin out.

I clean my carb about once a year,,usually at the end of the season. If the transition starts to act up or the carb seems like it will not hold a setting,,ie:fluctuates,,leans or riches, then I would check it out. Your flying conditions sound different in potosi?? you may have to clean it a little more often. However if she is running good, just go fly...I'll give you a call next time I get down to Monterey..

C-ya,,,Keith McDonald
Old 11-19-2004, 12:44 AM

Hey Keith, thanks a lot man! it was nice meeting you and the gang too. I had a great time and learned a lot. Yeah, the field at which we held the Nationals in San Luis Potosi, was plain compacted dirt and that was it. I cleaned it already with carb cleaner and it was very dirty. Everything seems to be fine and the plane is flying awesome. I got a trailer now, so I will get a chance to fly a lot more.

Please do give me a call when you're down here. We'll go get some cerveza!!! If possible let me know a couple of days ahead cause I also travel a lot. You dial 11 55 16 22 locally.

Hope to be seeing you during the next season of the SC. Do you know when the contest dates will be posted?
Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Freddy...The new sequences will be voted on and should be on the IMAC website in a week or so.. The contest schedule will not firm up until after the first of the year..Take care,,Keith
Old 11-20-2004, 08:25 PM
My Feedback: (16)

I guess I do the same thing.
Every couple of months, I clean the outside of the carb.
Usually it is wet and dirty.
I installed a 3W intake manifold and it has been clean for the past few weeks.