Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
 HP 5 : A Few unsusal questions >

HP 5 : A Few unsusal questions

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

HP 5 : A Few unsusal questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP 5 : A Few unsusal questions

Hello,

I have the following questions :

1) Is it possible to install the HP5 with the turbine intake facing the back of the helicopter and the tail rotor connection to the shaft per the attached picture (see the black circle) ? (due to the position / shape of the exhaust). If yes, what is the diameter of this shaft

2) Is there gearing available to reduce the headspeed down to 900/950 or should this just be managed through the limit RPM set through the ECU

3) Is the main rotor shaft available in 10mm or 12mm

4) Are there any recommendations on how to set-up your TX for the rotor brake

5) Is there an English manual. I could not find any online.

Thank you for your help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97175.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	596773  
Old 01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: HP 5 : A Few unsusal questions

Hello,

Answers coming on Monday, sorry I know nothing on the helicopters, Bob Wilcox does!

Regards,

Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: freddd

1) Is it possible to install the HP5 with the turbine intake facing the back of the helicopter and the tail rotor connection to the shaft per the attached picture (see the black circle) ? (due to the position / shape of the exhaust). If yes, what is the diameter of this shaft
You would have to take the power off of the upper clutch gear. We do not know anyone who has done this but it might work.

2) Is there gearing available to reduce the headspeed down to 900/950 or should this just be managed through the limit RPM set through the ECU
yes gearing is available, but it is semi-custom and expensive (about $300 a set)

3) Is the main rotor shaft available in 10mm or 12mm
Yes, both diameters.

4) Are there any recommendations on how to set-up your TX for the rotor brake
Usually an aux switch or knob on a seperate channel that you activate yourself (it is a hydraulic brake)

5) Is there an English manual. I could not find any online.

No english manual for the HP5, only a one sheet for the ECU setup, sorry for that.

Hope this helps,

Old 01-16-2007, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt,

thank you for the feedback. Two follow up question please :

1) quote:

Is it possible to install the HP5 with the turbine intake facing the back of the helicopter and the tail rotor connection to the shaft per the attached picture (see the black circle) ? (due to the position / shape of the exhaust). If yes, what is the diameter of this shaft

"You would have to take the power off of the upper clutch gear. We do not know anyone who has done this but it might work. "

Question : Can you tell me the diameter and lenght of the shaft coming out from the upper clutch gear ?

2) quote:

Is there gearing available to reduce the headspeed down to 900/950 or should this just be managed through the limit RPM set through the ECU

"yes gearing is available, but it is semi-custom and expensive (about $300 a set) "

Question : is this custom gear installed by the factory or can it be installed by the user : if I swith from two blades to multiblade.

Thank you again. Frederic