Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Turbine Specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbine Specs

Matt Hi

Are the weights quoted on the Jet Cat (German) web site for the complete install, (engine,valves,ecu,etc) or just for the engine (including starter?)?

Lastly I am thinking of using a P160sx instead of the recommended P120 size, because it is the same case size and only weighs 60g more and I wish to be able to use the engine in larger airframes.

With careful throttle management is it far to say that (if used at P120 ish power settings) the fuel burn would approximate to the lower figure of the less powerful P120? I guess thats a roundabout way of asking what shape is the fuel burn versus rpm curve?

Thanks

Phil.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:20 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Specs

ORIGINAL: BIGBARPER

Matt Hi

Are the weights quoted on the Jet Cat (German) web site for the complete install, (engine,valves,ecu,etc) or just for the engine (including starter?)?

Lastly I am thinking of using a P160sx instead of the recommended P120 size, because it is the same case size and only weighs 60g more and I wish to be able to use the engine in larger airframes.

With careful throttle management is it far to say that (if used at P120 ish power settings) the fuel burn would approximate to the lower figure of the less powerful P120? I guess thats a roundabout way of asking what shape is the fuel burn versus rpm curve?

Thanks

Phil.

Hi Phil,

I will confirm tomorrow, but I think that is safe to say that pound for pound the 2 turbines will have similar fuel consumption.

Regards,
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks matt, Yeh I am curious about those wts.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello again,

I confirmed with JetCat that, when set at equal thrust levels, the P-160 will have at LEAST as good fuel economy as a P-120.

It weighs about 4 ounces more than a P-120.

Sorry for the late reply.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:13 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While not quite the same engine, we found with the Titan SE we are able to run at reduced rpm (for the same performance), and the fuel economy is astounding for a large engine. One flight, the engine was running for 13 minutes (no taxi tank), in the air for 9, and still only burned about 3 litres of the 4.5 l. onboard.......