Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR 9100

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:30 PM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR 9100

Danny.. regarding the 9100 rx. I think I know the answer but wanted to verify with you. Can you use standard HD switches with the rx ? It says in the manual that in order for the Powersafe to work you must use the provided soft switch. I wanted to use either 2 JR HD switches or a Fromeco Wolverine switch with this but it kinda sounds like you cant use anything other than the stock switch. Also how much power does the switch draw from the batteries when its off.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Default RE: AR 9100

And as long as we're asking questions about the 9100, the manual says the two inputs are not connected so there's no power out of the unused lead if only one battery is used.

Question is; are the two inputs isolated on both the power and ground leads, or are the ground leads still common with just a diode protecting the positive leads? This would be with regard to charging the batteries at the same time if you use two batteries and/or standard type switches as Josey has mentioned.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use a switch, but really the idea is to eliminate the need for a switch to increase the power handling capability and to eliminate a potential failure sourse, so in doing so you would be bypassing a feature of the receiver. Less than 1ma.

They are isolated, however in general you don't charge with the leads connected to the receiver. Please remember to begin a new thread if you have a question.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

You can use a switch, but really the idea is to eliminate the need for a switch to increase the power handling capability and to eliminate a potential failure sourse, so in doing so you would be bypassing a feature of the receiver. Less than 1ma.

They are isolated, however in general you don't charge with the leads connected to the receiver. Please remember to begin a new thread if you have a question.
Thanks Danny--so do yo need to unplug the batteries from the 18g leads in order to charge ? I was going to wire some A123's and wire them with a separate charge lead to keep in the side of the fuse so I could check/charge the batts without have to take the hatch off.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

That's exactly the setup I'm wanting to use and why I asked about common grounds. The separate charge lead on my Duralites works with the batteries still hooked up, but I'm not sure the A123's with just a charge tap would be sufficient to isolate the battery grounds from each other so the chargers will work.

Sorry about not starting another thread, I was just trying to consolidate into one thread since Josey already started asking questions about the 9100.

Thanks Danny!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 AM

For storage the batteries need to be disconnected from the receiver. For short term (a couple of days) it is not necessary to disconnect them.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM

Danny--for charging the batteries can be left plugged into the rx correct ?What I want to do is wire in a separate charging lead to each battery so I can check the voltage/charge at the field without taking the hatch off/on
Old 11-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 AM

Yes.