Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 need help with LMH 110 >

need help with LMH 110

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

need help with LMH 110

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with LMH 110

Hello friends ..

Had problems with the glow plug that is solved .. now the v6 kicks in everything is fine .. using 20%nitro 20%castor oil 60%Methanol as fuel.

My problem is the heli just does not take off

I wanted to know when i give throtle should the thing take off or am i to move it forward ...?

Just want it to take off the ground .. i have given it full throtle and the thing just throws up dirt from the ground and does not take of.

Played with the needle but no luck clucth and bell looks fine

Any help would be good.

Cheers

Mastero
Old 03-27-2005, 03:04 AM

Default RE: need help with LMH 110

come on someone .......! HELI GURUS ?????

Old 03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

throttle is all it should take to get it off the ground. I had a similar problem with mine. The set screws on the rotor gear were loose which caused the gear to slip on the rotor shaft and the blades didn't get up enough speed. If the engine sounds like it is speeding up enough, check all your setscrews and make sure they're tight. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:55 AM

It should lift off vertically under its own power, at the very least it should hover in ground effect under it's own power.

What grips are you using on the main rotor? How many shims on the head? Motor broken in properly? Are you confident in your engine tuning abilities? Any reason to suspect the heli's all up weight is too high?

Best of luck.
-Rico
Old 03-28-2005, 09:09 AM

I am using four dots grip on both sides (Thats all i have ) have got four shims under the glow plug, motor not broken in by me .. bought is second hand from Ebay ...

The engine runs fine with lots of power the set screws are also nice and tight. The main rotor blade spins with lots of power (The ground gets clean with the force of the wind from the blades) but the dam thing just does not take off.

Over all weight is also min i dont even have the body on.

!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!!

Mastero
Old 03-28-2005, 09:32 AM

What's the ambient temp. where you are? 4x4 is really low pitch for the .061 engine... I always had to fly my vmax6 with at least 4x6 or more often 6x6 grips. Even with 6x6 there wasn't much lift available when the temps got into the 90s.

Everything else seems ok, so the grips would be my first suggestion.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:56 AM

i live in India .. so the temp is high say between 25 ~ 30 C
Old 03-29-2005, 01:19 AM

Yeah, that'll do it.

Try some higher pitched grips.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:23 AM

OH noooo! i dont have any higher pitch grip will have to call from USA say a month any one has it ...?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:28 AM

another option is this. LMH sells 5dot blade instead of 2dot blade. set of those will give you extra 3 degrees. you can get them from shopatron... as well as the 6dot grips...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:14 AM

That's a good idea too...

Either way, it looks like your going to have to get more pitch one way or another, and I guess that means you have to wait a month? That sucks...

How are the temperatures at night? Is there a lighted place where you can fly at night without bothering anyone? I used to live in southern california and in the summer I sometimes flew at a shopping mall parking lot at night.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:59 AM

ok got the 6 grips tried to fly it but the dam thing does not take off the ground

On full throttle the wings are spinning like crazy but there is no lift both wings are 6 dots.

any ideas guys ?

Mastero

Old 04-17-2005, 07:13 AM

Check that the main rotor hub is not slipping on the main shaft. Check it by holding the main shaft and trying to turn the rotor blades.

Bret
Old 04-17-2005, 03:52 PM

no its not slipping

I think its the V6 setting now .. cause at full throttle it in one go it took off say four feet of the ground .. and started swaying ten engine stop .... dont ask what happend

nothing broke ...

What is the ideal setting for V6 how many washers and how many turns ... temp here is say 30~40 C

Thanks
Mastero
Old 04-21-2005, 02:48 AM

It's really hard to just throw out some numbers and make it work for you.

I'd try the 6 degree grips on both blades (don't forget to re-track them), probably start with 4 washers, and start the engine with 2 1/2 turns.

If you have too many washers performance will be poor, but too few the engine will not idle reliably.

To tune the needle let the motor warm up at half throttle for a short time, then while holding the heli's skids down bring throttle to full. Slowly screw the needle in until RPMs climb higher and higher, at a certain point they'll start to drop off again. At that point, stop, and go back some. You should be just slightly rich from the highest RPM. If you don't have a tach (I don't) you just have to listen to the sound. That's pretty much the starting point to tuning the motor. Once the heli is flying listen to the engine and watch the performance. If you didn't richen the engine enough it will start to get pretty hot and make an un-even sound and pretty soon after that there won't be enough power to fly very well. Set the heli back down and richen the needle (out) a couple clicks and try again.

I probably screwed up somewhere in that "how-to", so please correct me or fill in some info if I did.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:07 AM

ok tried everything ... but the thing is still on the ground .. no lift and the engine is not getting tuned fine ...?

can someone tell me how many turns out should the needle be for best result....

Thanx
mastero
Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Mastero,

Do this. Take the engine out and mount it solidly to a board. Get a 6 X 3 propeller, any brand, and run the engine. You should get at least 18,000 RPM. This will allow you fine tune the needle setting and observe that the throttle is working properly. If you are too lean, the engine will idle and seem like it is OK. Then, when you throttle up, the lean condition rears it's ugly head and instead of full power, your engine actually sags. It's hard to tell on a heli becasue you have no reference point and it's impossible to tweak the needle with the engine at full throttle.

What fuel are you using?