Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

New Lmh

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 02:50 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Lmh

i will have a new LMH coming on wednesday or thusday what should i do after i opened the box ?its used what do i check for in order to make it flies good ?im confused with the LMH where do i put the glow heater and where do i start it ? will the novel.06 run on 15% nitro ? pictures will b really helpful
Old 01-14-2003, 03:28 AM

Default New Lmh

You have to make sure all the parts are there first. I fly using the norvel Vmax 6, 15% nitro and three washers. But remember all Vmax 6s are fickle... You might want to try different nitro % and washers. Somewhat of a rule is the higher the nitro the more washers(4). The lower nitro 1-3 washers under the head. Check for damage on your blades both main rotor and tail rotor, check your linkages to make sure they arent worn. Make sure your servos move smoothly. Check the holes on your servo horns to make sure they arent worn. I flew mine so much the servo horn holes and the ball links wore really bad. I had severe stability problems and couldnt figure it out until one day I decided to hover it up close with the canopy off. I noticed that my linkages were moving but the servo horns wasnt. It was like a light went on in my head, I was like , well duhhhh...... So, I replaced my clevises, ball links, and servo horns and wallaaaa! My stability problems went away.
About the glow heater, I dont think they make one that stays on the glow plug by itself, I kinda hold it on with my thumb or palm while Im engaging the starter. I use a regular Airplane starter with no problem, I just flip the starter cone rubber insert around as if Im starting a plane without a nose cone.
Without a doubt I think your biggest problem is going to be the Vmax 6 engine. Once you get it running right dont tinker with it.
Also watch your clutch to make sure theres no cracks in the clutch shoes. If it seems that it lacks power(to lift off the ground) and the engine seems to be running strong, Try spreading your clutch shoes a tad on both sides. If you do find that you engine does lack power, clean it first and if that dont work, either replace the piston and cylinder, or the whole engine, consider the Vmax 7 upgrade. I think you can download the manuals from the litemachines web site: www.litemachines.com. Hope this is helpful for you.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:34 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default New Lmh

yes what he said.
You can get a glow heater that stays on. I have one.
On my .06 I find as the weather changes I must add or remove a copper washer. Just this week I had to add a washer because the compression saw to high and it would not start.
Oh and I have found that a can of carb cleaner(gum out) is great for cleaning out the old fuel. every now and then I take motor off and clean it inside and out.
GOOD LUCK this a fun sport.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:02 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default New Lmh

I still cant understand why everyone is having engine problems with the little .06, I havnt yet had to do a thing to mine, and I even put it in a little plane sence I put the .07 on my 110, and trust me I have runned a lot of fuel thru this little bugger, and the weather here in East Tennessee has been changing alot latly.

guess I'm doing something wrong by running 10% nitro with 18%oil ?!?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:43 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Default New Lmh

ok thx i know nothing about LMH the heli should come in the mail tomorrow or thusday I will take it for a flight as soon as it's in my mail box
Old 01-15-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Weather

SkyBomber
If there is not a big change in weather were you live you won't.
Here one day it's 28 degrees or more the next its 60 degrees
Old 01-15-2003, 04:23 PM

Default New Lmh

thats just it, it has been changeing alot, and the little motor doesn't give no where the problems you and others have been typin about, I haven't changed the rings or changed the needle valve. guess I just got real lucky with this engine.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Lmh

Hey ;Skybomber, I thought you sold yours on ebay so you could get a corona? how many have you got?..Rog
Old 01-16-2003, 03:14 AM

Default New Lmh

I had 2, one that I took the.06 out of and replaced with a .07 and one I sold, the .06 is in a little plane and running great.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:13 AM

Default Hummidity

Humidity has a lot to do with it to.
It's not to bad once you get to know the motor.
I find if I am just out flying it cools better and is less fussy then if I try to just hover for a full tank.
I practice a lot of hovering side and nose in do to many oak trees.
Not much room for flying. But I am starting to get good at dodging oak trees.

SkyBomber
How do you like your .07 is it worth having more power intern for shorter flight times.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:29 PM

Default New Lmh

im still getting lot of flight time out of a tank of fuel, never have gotten this little monster above 1/4 throttle, did try out in the middle of my yard from idle to slam full throttle, thought it was never going to come down, or was going to have to get nasa to retrive it for me, never do that again.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:00 AM

Default Power

WOW!