Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 reverse crutch? >

reverse crutch?

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

reverse crutch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse crutch?

i have seen this mentioned several times and i cant seem to find a definitive explanation of it. i think that its just a mirror version of the stock crutch but i could be wrong.

also, i have seen several mentions to changing the stock engine to something more powerful/durable. i think that a .12 car/buggy engine would be perfect but i dont see how i would make the clutch for it.

does anyone have any kind of writeup they may have done for a buggy/truck engine conversion? i did alot of searching and came up empty handed
Old 12-26-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: reverse crutch?

Well I guess you could always make another crutch and make it mirrored, is it to clear the exhaust from the spurgear ?
I just flipped the engine to the other side, you have to come up with a different fueltank assembly though.

Yes the .12 car engine have been on many peoples lips.. including mine
What you need is to get a carengine preferable with a strapstarter since it will be very hard to start the engine with a starter unless you mill a new starting cone.
On that carengine you need to attach a Team associates clutchbell, this clutchbell have the same pitch on the teeth as the LMH clutchbell. which I think is 32 degree.
Attach the engine to the heli and fly... don't use full throttle !!
//Peter

Search this forum for
cv 12 mounted on lmh 117

//Peter