Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Loctite your LST2 screws!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loctite your LST2 screws!

Another...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3775017/tm.htm
Old 01-15-2006, 09:40 PM

I broke in my friends LST2 today and both front and rear driveshafts came off. The motor was free wheeling at throttle. But not too much throttle. I thought i shredded a spur gear at first.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:27 PM

I dropped my front driveline out of my lst2 on the ranch 3 times in one day, I had no threadlocker so I pulled the front driveline out. WOW! Taking the load off of the front of the tranny dispursed all of the horsepower to the rear. The truck had mad power, expanding the tires like crazy. It was fun while it lasted but it kept pulling the front wheels off of the ground and I couldnt stear. Did great brodies though.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't recommend doing that...unless you want to damage the rear end.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:25 PM

So this is happening to all the LST2s? You have to take apart the truck and add thread lock to the screws. This sucks! I e-mail Team losi 4 times and asked them if they were going to fix the problem and they have still not e-mailed me back.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 PM

Not the whole truck...just metal-to-metal screws. I have only done the drive train so far. Everything else is holding up.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:17 PM

and the wheel hexes. nearly lost my rear left the other day
Old 01-18-2006, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: oldshoolclod

and the wheel hexes. nearly lost my rear left the other day
I lost my wheel the first day I had the LST2. Was not impressed.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:02 PM

If I lost a wheel and I had not used some form of locktite there would be no one to blame but myself. IMO

Old 01-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

If I lost a wheel and I had not used some form of locktite there would be no one to blame but myself. IMO

I Agree! I think that Goes for the Whole Truck!

If Ya Don't take the Few Mins it Takes to Go Over Your Truck! Than Its Your Own Problem,

I know Most Guys Don't Read the Operations Guide, But Did you Really Not See the,

( " STOP Please read the backside of this sheet BEFORE Operating your LST2")I wish my Scanner was working...
Old 01-25-2006, 02:01 AM

Another one.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3821018
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Ya I know. [&o]
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM

Come on, really. First, we all complained because the original LST had red loctite all over it, making removal of broken parts nearly impossible, now we are complaining because there isn't any loctite. Losi can't win.

First and foremost, you should always go over your R/C vehicle before considering starting it. The LST isn't really even made by LOSI. It's a Losi Sport, probably made in China. Had you bought one of the race breeds, you'd have had to screw in every screw, and it would be your responsibility to make sure every applicable screw is loctited down. I personally have a LST, XXX-NT, XXX-NT AD2, and all require constant maintanence.. The first thing I did, was to tear it down, and rebuild it (mostly using blue loctite, ie, could remove stuff at the track.) Everytime you run it, you MUST ensure that all the screws are tight. If they are not, and they are metal to metal, you must remove the screw and re-loctite. I know a lot of people are new and don't know this, but hey, it's part of the learning process. And if you know this, but don't practice it, shame on you.

Losi KITS are second to none, their ready to runs leave something to be desired sometimes. I figure the fact they even offer RTRs is because Horizon decided they would, as their founder in the early days of Losi stated that they would never offer a RTR.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:22 PM

I m waiting for my LST2 to arrive.
my experience with blue loctite isnt really good screws on the engine mount can still come off.
should I use the red instead, or there is a preference to use blue in some places and red in others.

Viper
Old 01-29-2006, 04:56 PM

You can use any color you want.

I'm using red on any moving part, blue on other meta-to-metal.

To remove red...just use a heat source...I use a solder iron to heat the screw before trying to remove,
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Darn, it too me 15 minutes to locktight the drive train. I raced it and did a Monster Jam demo and the only problem I had was my glue came off my crimefighters in the rear (my fault for being lazy). The drive train upgrades have made me a believer again!!!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:16 PM

I just got my LST2 the other day, and after reading this thread, I checked pretty much all the screws. A bunch of the screws holding the main chassi plates were pretty lose, which I tightened up (after inspecting the drive train). All but one screw on the drive train etc. (metal-2-metal) were very tightly screwed in, I could not get them to move at all. So far, after 4-5 hours of break-in and semi-hard driving, nothing has come loose. Maybe they have improved manufacturing now? I'd still recommend walking through all the screws anyways, just to learn the machine, and make sure nothing breaks "prematurely".

Oh, and the wheel nuts definitely needs to be set with blue loctite, they will come loose otherwise (I tested it .

-- Leif
Old 02-23-2006, 07:02 PM

Dont' remember if the chassis plates on bottom were loose as I removed them to get to the drive line screws. 1 of four drivelines had red threadlock, 2 of 4 four were tight with no threadlock, and 1 was almost out. All four engine mount screws were tight and threadlocked. Other than that, thanks for the info. Because of this forum, I had no problems...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:31 PM

How hot do you guys let your lst2s get before you shut them down. My lst2 has the stock mach 427 and I am running White Lightning 30%. I try not to let it get over 220 but it seems like that it runs best around 190 to 210. Thanks, Kurt
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 PM

sounds about right
i think you shouldn't go above 250, but don't quote me on that
Old 03-01-2006, 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: coloradokurtis

How hot do you guys let your lst2s get before you shut them down. My lst2 has the stock mach 427 and I am running White Lightning 30%. I try not to let it get over 220 but it seems like that it runs best around 190 to 210. Thanks, Kurt
All depends on where you live. I live high above sea level...so higher temps are not unusual. I don't tune on temps...tune on performance and sound. Temps are just a by product.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM

What brand is that chapstick looking threadlocker? Loctite has a stick but packaging looks different?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:06 PM

I've used both and they work fine, you will never go back to the liquid after using it in paste form.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Seems like Losi is starting to address this issue. My drivetrain had been tightened with red loc-tite and the right side rims were blued. My left side rims were loose out of the box, so I went over the whole truck and blued all metal to metal.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:01 PM

hi ive just bought the lst2 and read this forum so i checked my dshaft scews and all are loctite but 3 of the screws are all the way in and 1 screw only seems to go in 3/4 of the way i have broke the loctite and tryed to get it fully in but it just wont am i doing something wrong or should it be like that,any help would be grateful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.