Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Loctite your LST2 screws!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loctite your LST2 screws!

After breakin and running through bout 1/2 gallon everything still tight!!![8D]
Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 AM

I wish I would have saw this thread sooner!!!! I just picked up a Losi Mega Baja and after 1 gallon I lost my "Rear Drive Shaft"......LOL Go figure!!!! Live and learn!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I just thought it was kinda ironic that Losi printed out warnings in the manuals about loctiting screws when they could have done it during production. just thought that was kinda funny
Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

LOL I just thought it was kinda ironic that Losi printed out warnings in the manuals about loctiting screws when they could have done it during production. just thought that was kinda funny
I share that feeling... since the cost to print that warning could have gone into loctite... and they wouldn't even have to print it... and their customers could enjoy their trucks without having to fix their errors... *shrug* as Wasinger12 said, "Live and Learn!!!!"
Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Once again, even if your set screws have loctite it's RC101 that you need to recheck them after they set in.

It's systemic of the RTR mentality in R/C that they had to start including that warning.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Why people do not head the warning and then complain is another mystery.

You should always check your set screws in a all metal CVD drive train, head bolts, wheelnuts, engine mount screws, clutchbell nuts etc.......RC101.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM

I check mine after every bash. Whoever put my LST2 together did an awesome job, and was liberal with threadlock evidently [8D]
Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM

Now they must be getting better by listening to our complaints. Losi that is. I sit with my truck for an hour or so and tear it down, clean it, and loctite everything back up. I do this usually when it breaks. To bad its alway clean.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:56 PM

I'm not going to argue the point and get another thread locked (no pun intended)... but the point of these threads are to share our opinions and thoughts... it would make more sense to me to spend the extra money they used to print their mistakes... to just fix them. That would be good quality control ... and a step above the rest, which is what Team Losi is touted to be. Many of us have learned the hard way... and it's very disappointing that such a small oversight on both parties (Team Losi did not fix it... the user did not read, or chose to not do it) could wreak so much havoc... which could have been easily fixed before the problem ever started... *shrug* I guess Team Losi is just like the rest of the companies... out to make a buck... *shrug* Oh well, I'll never let my LST2 go without checking the grub screws and wheel nuts... and important metal-to-metal screws... I have a brand new tube of loctite... and I'm not afraid to use it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Good to hear and I am definatly moved to go check my screws right now.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM

lol. losi as in everything being loose. thats pretty good. they might wanna resolve that issue or stick to what they are good at. or change the i in losi to a t.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jkdv8

lol. losi as in everything being loose. thats pretty good. they might wanna resolve that issue or stick to what they are good at. or change the i in losi to a t.

Read my posts .I have not had a single screw come loose in 2 gallons of hard bashing
Old 08-05-2007, 08:01 PM

so thats 1 out of how many? you got the LST or the LST2?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM

The LST2.
Still not a single loose screw, after bashing for 3 days in teh N GA mountains
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 AM

my wheels fall off all the time, sometimes it's kinda funny, i just got threadlock tuesday and put it on the hex nuts, i also put it everywhere else, i'm just 14 and my dad didn't get me started in this hobby(i earned all the money for my truck), so i still don't have a temp gun which i kinda should have, that's also why i just got threadlock tuesday.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:36 AM

A tube of thread lock should come readily available in all rtr's as it's that important to have. But then again it would save alot of damage which in turn means less parts being bought for replacements. All about $$$$$...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:49 AM

derek, just as a little tip, i wouldn't worry to much about a temp gun, performance and smoke trail are much more reliable for tuning then a temp gun because the cooling for the trucks is so unreliable (air cooling is effected by so many factors it's impossible to calculate), i have never used a temp gun in my life yet still manged to get 6 gallons out on a TRX 3.3, which is still running strong.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:12 PM

STILL not one screw loose!!!
I did have a wheel come off, but I found the nut in a jiffy, and was back in action in a jiffy[8D]
Old 09-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Why is this thread always on the top of the list?

ORIGINAL: ttoks

derek, just as a little tip, i wouldn't worry to much about a temp gun, performance and smoke trail are much more reliable for tuning then a temp gun because the cooling for the trucks is so unreliable (air cooling is effected by so many factors it's impossible to calculate), i have never used a temp gun in my life yet still manged to get 6 gallons out on a TRX 3.3, which is still running strong.
thanks for that, probobly saved me $25 cause i was planning on getting one soon. + when hobby hut tuned my engine for running with top fuel 20% for TRX2.5 engine the smoke was looking really thin almost non existant, and it was running super cool, but it felt perfect, whatever my finger did the engine did at exactly the same time or like 0.1 seconds after(servo delay probobly), and it was running cool, like 235 degrees or something, temp gun woulda screwed me up there, Mike at hobby hut tunes it based upon response and sound, nothing else and he's really good at it too.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: roweder

It's called a "Sticky" .... and it's put there so that any noobs that get an LST2 can see it quickly...
Old 09-22-2007, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

It's called a "Sticky" .... and it's put there so that any noobs that get an LST2 can see it quickly...
cool, did SUNA contact rcuniverse to get them to keep it there or did he pay to get it kept there?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:46 PM

ya got me there... I'm guessing he or someone contacted a mod and the mod made it a sticky... if they find a good reason, they'd be willing to make anything a sticky.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: roweder

And hopefully most will follow the advice
Anyway, STILL not one loose screw!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM

I use the blue loctite because it comes apart a little easy then the red. I don't want any screws stripping. that is the worst, I would rather lose a screw then drill one out.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I use the blue loctite because it comes apart a little easy then the red. I don't want any screws stripping. that is the worst, I would rather lose a screw then drill one out.

Amen to that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.