Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Just recieved my XXL

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just recieved my XXL

I got it from Ultimate....
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 PM

I just got 3 XXL's in today Didn't get them in the pic tho 4 ST-RR's, and 2 Hyper ST Pro's tomorrow ....chop shop for XXL, Muggy, Aftershock, Revo 3.3, Ruster VXL, 8ight 2.0, XB808, LX One, ST-RR, Hyper ST Pro, Picco 28, LRP 28...

Haven't gotten to take my XXL out lately, but I am COMPLETLY satisfied it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17586.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1156613  
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM

Here are a couple vids of mine... second one is just a crappy little vid in the yard, tiny jump then hits the jeep tire... That's my 9 year old daughter doing the taping BTW... I see lots of vids on here that could learn a lot from her (you know, the ones that make you seasick just watching them)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK5EjlMbBWc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eu6kpJGsBM[/youtube]
Old 03-12-2009, 11:04 PM

Good vids dacaur, your daughter is pretty good with the camera!

I cant wait to get mine! They look like fun thats for sure!!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Nice goodies! All of it going on ebay?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:52 AM

Nice vids. Isn't your idle a little high... sounded like it at the end of the 2nd vid.

Yup, most is already on eBay. I only do two of the ones listed, gave all the others to my cousin to part!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Great vids Dacaur!!!
This sucker is fast... I actually thought mine was stuck in second during break in... It wasn't till later that my 2speed broke loose and started shifting....I was shocked, that there was yet, another gear..LOL
One thing is for sure, you better have your brakes in check, or someone will be in a world of hurt, with a 40+MPH 13lbs missle headed their way...

As for the radio, I think it's actually an upgrade from the DX3R.... nicer grip...power button..trim buttons...telemetry...
As for DSM and DSM2... I can't tell the difference between my DX3R and this DX3S.. They seem equally as fast... I haven't range checked them though, which may be where the differences are...
Old 03-14-2009, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: stealth_revo

Nice vids. Isn't your idle a little high... sounded like it at the end of the 2nd vid.
Yea, definitely still a bit high.... but I hesitate to do too much adjusting in 35F weather... today was much warmer, and supposed to be in the 70s this weekend i think, so ill get it dialed
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: DawgBone

As for the radio, I think it's actually an upgrade from the DX3R.... nicer grip...power button..trim buttons...telemetry...
As for DSM and DSM2... I can't tell the difference between my DX3R and this DX3S.. They seem equally as fast... I haven't range checked them though, which may be where the differences are...
How far are these suppose to reach? I'm always afaird I'll get too far away, even though my last radio was the DX2.0...
Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM

well, i just ordered another xxl from ultimate hobbys . hope it goes better than the 1st one i recieved.... ill keep ya posted
Old 03-15-2009, 07:02 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Last night I took out the XXL and it was acting weird. I just couldn't get it dialed in right. Came home and removed the carb and reset the needles to factory settings as well as the idle screw. Went outside today and tried to tune, weather was pretty much beautiful. This things keeps acting weird. I thought I was pretty good at tuning but it has me stumped. I took it down to my LHS. One of the fringe benefits of purchasing it there is that when it come to small matters like this one I don't get charged. This will only be my second time ever taking in a vehicle for tuning. I only mention this because again I thought I was pretty good at tuning. I really hate having to take it down there, I like to work on my vehicles myself but I feel like it's the best choice right now. Wish I would have made a clip of it and posted it to see if any one could have diagnosed it.

Just wanted to share this.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 PM

how was it acting weird? I have found with mine that it really runs best just as it came from the factory, with just a slight leaning of the HSN... my LSN might be a bit rich still, but I'm working on that, I think I richend it a bit from the 2 1/2.... One thing I noticed, in my manual for the LSN it says 2 1/2 turns out on the picture but 2 1/4 turns out right below it... I think 2 1/2 is the correct setting, as mine runs better that way.... did you do 2 1/2 or 2 1/4? I wouldn't call myself great at tuning, but I do OK...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:08 PM

Hey, if it's your carbs acting up...just pick up the LRP 28's. You can probably find them on eBay for $20.

My LRP 28 just came in, so I think I'll be breaking it in soon! I'm going to seal my STS first and see if it acts better. If not...byebye!
Anyone have the link to the sealing engine thread?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:20 PM

here stealth http://www.savage-central.com/module...wtopic&t=54465
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 PM

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know for the ones who havent pulled theres down and checked/cleaned it. You guys really NEED to pull the clutch bell off and clean that sucker, then scuff it good with some emory cloth or fine sandpaper. The oil in it was ridiculous!! I would think that this could lead to problems down the road if it wasnt cleaned. The words oily and clutch are not supposed to be together.....[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] lol

Serious oil......(you can actually see the layer of oil wiped away by my finger)

Check out the ring of excess oil that gathered by the clutch shoes.....
Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 AM

you need a front bearing in your mill ... that oil is fresh from the engine
Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 AM

Full maxx, thanks for the post! I already have the silicone sealer, but not the Team Associated's Green Slime grease. I don't have a hobby store close (1+hrs away) so what would be comparable at a hardware store? Also, I heard the LRP 28 comes pretty well sealed, should I still do all these steps to it?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:55 AM

For some reason I highly doubt that. It's a brand new engine! Dawg from lstforums.com said it's very typical to have to clean/scuff new clutch bells that come on RTR kits. He is one of the only others I know about that tore there XXL down and he had the same oil inside his!! He recommended cleaning the CB, slipper pads, 2 speed shoes and hubs from excess oil from assembly.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: full maxx

you need a front bearing in your mill ... that oil is fresh from the engine
His truck hasn't even been ran yet... It's oil from the Clutchbell bearings, and/or assembly of the truck....
Mine was like this as well...

In addition to the clutchbell, I highly advise cleaning/scuffing the 2 speed OWB, clutch shoes and hub... as well as the slipper pads....

BTW...this is stuff that has been common to the LST platform for years... Not just the XXL... If you take time to do this, you'll have a worry free truck for a good bit of time.....
Scuffing a new clutchbell to get rid of the black coating is good practice for all RC's....
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: stealth_revo

ORIGINAL: DawgBone

How far are these suppose to reach? I'm always afaird I'll get too far away, even though my last radio was the DX2.0...
I'm really not sure.... I've seen some run their DX3's till their truck was barely visible....
I've only range checked mine for about 50 yards.... So I know I can at least go that far and to not go much further than that....
Old 03-16-2009, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: dacaur

how was it acting weird? I have found with mine that it really runs best just as it came from the factory, with just a slight leaning of the HSN... my LSN might be a bit rich still, but I'm working on that, I think I richend it a bit from the 2 1/2.... One thing I noticed, in my manual for the LSN it says 2 1/2 turns out on the picture but 2 1/4 turns out right below it... I think 2 1/2 is the correct setting, as mine runs better that way.... did you do 2 1/2 or 2 1/4? I wouldn't call myself great at tuning, but I do OK...
Here's a clip I put together as an example of how it's acting weird, now keep in mind this isn't actual footage but it might as well be because after resetting the 2 needles and idle screw to factory settings this is what keeps happening. I believe I turned the LSN 2 1/4 but I had to come back out on it as soon as I started it because it was revving way to high and when I came back on the idle screw it would just shut off. When I'd start back up and keep it on by hitting the throttle it was acting to lean on the LSN. Anyway I got tired of it so that's why I took it down to LHS.

How do I embed the clip from you tube here?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkT8jtA2Mzs[/youtube]
Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM

I think you have to use the YouTube button in this forum, and not YouTube's embedded link...
Just use the direct link to the video, highlight the link in your post, and use the YouTube button in the post editor...
[youtube]the link to your youtube vid[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDhKUb7Ja8[/youtube]

I did copy your link, and saw the video.... and it sounds like your idle is way high...
Make sure that your radio's trim is set to zero
Make sure that your linkage is setup correctly, and that it completely closes the carb, when you let off the thottle...
Make sure that your idle gap is no more than a 1mm gap

If it still idles high like that, then your LSN is too lean and/or you have an air leak somewhere.... But it didn't sound likw it was lean bogging, and there was good smoke when you hit the throttle... So I'm guessing that it's just your idle is set too high...
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkT8jtA2Mzs[/youtube]
Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM

I made sure to reset to factory then when I started it sounded way to high so I brought the idle down to the point were it would shut off so I started it and kept it on with throttle but it was still high even though the carb was practically closed so then I came back out on the LSN but it was still high and when I drove it back and forth it was acting to lean like it was starving for fuel you know how it acts practically shutting off and coming back on before it completely shuts off. The clip was just an example so you don't see that but that's how it was acting more or less.

Thanks dawgBone, I got the link thing figure out.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM

It's got to be an air leak then...

I would try
remove the fuel filter and just run a length of fuel line straiht from the tank...it'll be one less thing to troubleshoot..
check the fuel system for leaks(primer) by pinching the fuel line closed, and blowing through the exhaust pressure line...
make sure that the heatsink/headbutton is tight on the engine..they are often not torqued down enough from the factory, and sometimes vibrate loose...
make sure that the fuel inlet on the carb is tight and not leaking
check the engine itself for leaks... usually out of the front bearing which you can spot by the bottom of the block being wet with fuel/oil...also check the backplate

Alot of people just rip the primer out...which I stopped doing as I would just replace the 10$ tank every so often... But then I got bit in the butt by those orings detiorating and clogging up my carb... So now I pull the primer out...
SublimeJason has an awesome how to video on LSTForums.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.