Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Keyword advertising

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyword advertising

I just got the e-mail regarding keyword advertising. Is it just me or is there no mention of the cost of this service? I hope I'm wrong, but it appears that the only way to find out is to provide your credit card number and sign up!

I think the program is intriguing, but you're going to scare people off (like me) if you're so clandestine about showing your rates. How about a simple advertising fee schedule?

Again, I'm hoping I'm wrong and just missed it, but please fill me in.

-Jeff Swayze
Old 06-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Keyword advertising

Click Advertise at the top of the page, and you'll be able to retrieve all the information necessary.

You may also go the short route and click the link below
http://www.rcuniverse.com/buynow/KeywordList.cfm
Old 06-08-2004, 04:48 PM

This is what I get. Re-read my initial message while looking at this picture and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

-Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91386.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	141149  
Old 06-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keywords go to the highest bidders. Our keyword bidding is a live system. Bids start as low as a nickel per click. when you enter any keyword you also will have to enter your maximum bid. that is where you would find out what the cost is...it is what you enter (minimum entry is 5 cents/click)
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Jeff, click the link on the "Keyword" page to view the series of videos on Keyword Advertising. They are pretty informative and well-done.

My question is:

I just bought a couple of keywords 2 days ago. When I went to increase the expiration date, it said I "tied" the highest bidder, and forced me to increase my bid from $.05 to $.06. I am the only bidder. What's up with that? I am hesitant to try extending the dates on my keywords until I get this figured out.

Also I proposed a new keyword (which was accepted), and where asked on the proposal form, said that the highest I would consider going was $.10/click. Right now I want to lower my max bid to $.05 or .06, but it won't let me decrease from $.10.

Thanks,
Alex Treneff
TreneffRC
Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Alex Treneff
My question is:

I just bought a couple of keywords 2 days ago. When I went to increase the expiration date, it said I "tied" the highest bidder, and forced me to increase my bid from $.05 to $.06. I am the only bidder. What's up with that? I am hesitant to try extending the dates on my keywords until I get this figured out.

Also I proposed a new keyword (which was accepted), and where asked on the proposal form, said that the highest I would consider going was $.10/click. Right now I want to lower my max bid to $.05 or .06, but it won't let me decrease from $.10.

Thanks,
Alex Treneff
TreneffRC
Will someone please answer my question about the bid price? Right now I am over-paying my fees by 20% becuase I had to raise the bid to $.06 to extend the deadline and it won't let me go back to $.05. I am the only bidder.

Thanks,
Alex Treneff
Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Does anyone have a phone number for the RCU advertising department?

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Alex Treneff

Does anyone have a phone number for the RCU advertising department?

Thanks!

Erick Royer
Director of Business Development
RCUniverse.com
860-496-9348
Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 AM

Nathan,

Thanks. I spoke with Erick a couple of weeks ago, and he said to e-mail John at RCU. John told me that since the code for the keywords was written a while back, that no one at RCU knows how to get my bid back to $.05. He mentioned it was possible that if I let the bids expire they will revert back to $.05, but presumably I would still face the same problem again next time. When you purchase a key-word, it's only for a couple of weeks by default. Trying to extend that deadline means you have to out-bid yourself.

Now I am trying to extend several new keywords that will expire later this week. I am the only bid and am currently at $.05. When I tried to extend the deadline I was told that I would have to raise my bid (apparently to beat-out my own current bid).

I'd like to continue using RCU keywords, but if I have to keep raising my bid everytime I just want to extend the expiration date, I'm afraid I won't be able to. I notice not many other vendors are using the keywords. Maybe this is why.

Most of my words are set to expire in the next couple of weeks and I don't want to extend them now becuase I'll have to raise the cost-per-click. Let me know if you get this sorted out so I can continue to purchase the clicks.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

The only option we have at this point is to allow the words to expire so you can once again acquire them at the $0.05 rate. The programming does not allow for the expiration date to be extended by us either, though this is something I'll recommend.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 PM

Nathan,

Let me know if the code gets fixed so I can extend the words at the $.05 rate. Otherwise I would have to let them expire and buy them again, only to be purchased for a couple weeks (default upon purchase). With a dozen keywords this is too much administrative hassle. Let me know if it gets sorted out.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we can always credit you any mistaken overage manually. just PM me and I'll trust your assement on honor system of any overages.

marc