Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RCU Poker Statistics issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Poker Statistics issues

Just some minor SQA issues about your RCU poker game...

In the statistics page where it shows the players rank, there is a drop down box above that allows you to pick 100, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000. For every column setting, other than RCU Bucks, when you pick each of these quantities the page refreshes but will still only show you the top 100.

Also, the normal operation of the column heading selection index allows the user to sort by highest and lowest. When you select it the first time it sorts by highest to lowest, when you select it a second time it will re-sort it by lowest to highest. The way it is implemented in the game is, if you select one of these: Rank, RCU Bucks, or Power Index they just sort by highest to lowest in rank for each category (selecting Rank actually doesn't do anything different than RCU Bucks.)

Finally, just a personal preference. Until very recently, you used to have total plays as well. If you could reinstate that column that would be great.

Again just some minor issues, you can take them or leave them as they don't really have any affect on the integrity of the game.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: RCU Poker Statistics issues

We tried not to over develop the stats feature. Sure, if you change the sort, it defaults back to 100. Just re-select the total after sorting.

We only sort one way because most folks are only interested in the top scores (there are plenty of folks at rock bottom and you can see them if you look at the end of the top 2000 or so because the ones there represent the worst scores.

The things you point out about the functionality are correct. I just don't know if we will get to the changes you suggested ahead of other, more pressing development needs.

We may reinstate the total plays column, but believe it or not, it was confusing people who didn't understand how certain players got more plays than others.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 AM

Hi Michael,

I can understand not wanting to get too fancy with the statistics page. I just wanted to see where I was on the list as far as power index goes.

I do think there is still a bug in the quantity listing. I select the Power Index column header once it has sorted. I then select 1000 to show the top 1000. The page updates and the "TOP 1000" still shows in the list box. However, if you scroll down the list of players it only shows you the top 100. The vertical scroll bar does not get smaller as it would if you had 1000 players showing on the screen.

Thanks,

Todd
Old 08-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Now THAT would be a bug! I'll check into it!