Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

I've been ripped off

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been ripped off

gee
Old 11-25-2002, 11:54 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RUSH757

Sorry about your loss. I see by your number of post's you are new here. Welcome aboard. Not that someone can't give you some sage advice , but, just wondering. Where, or how did you meet or run into this other person?
Old 11-26-2002, 12:09 AM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Be sure to put Karma on this person if you dealt with them through RCU
Old 11-26-2002, 02:28 AM

I met this guy off of rccars.com, another site just like this one. He ripped me off and i dont know what to do, i may just forget about it because i have more Monster Trucks, and i can get more. Material possession is not EVERYTHING to me, although it DOES mean alot. Thanks for the concern Buz^
-Rush
Old 12-24-2002, 01:58 AM

sorry about your loss...

if it were me i would call the police and i would be very upset
Old 12-24-2002, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you don't feel comfortable in a deal use our escrow service...it is a small price to pay for peace of mind on big deals or ones that are questionable in any way.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/escrow.php
Old 01-10-2003, 05:56 AM

Hi guys
I have not really been "ripped off" but I made a trade with another member I met on RCU. I kept my part of the subsequent deal but he did not. He did not send me the complete item as offered. My enquiries are left unanswered and I am left with an incomplete item, unusable as it is. It is no great loss but it does leave a bad taste - is there a way to warn other friends who may be considering deals with this party?

Cheers
Old 01-10-2003, 06:18 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Karma is also a good way to leave info on your dealings with a person....

If you have a valid complaint you can not get the other party to do what is right in a deal you have made, you could post your feelings on the matter here. But I would try my best to resolve, but if all fails..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=133

"Bought or sold something from another RCU user? Give feedback here to let others know who was good to trade with or who was not!"
Before leaving bad feedback, I would try your best to resolve the matter through personal e-mail first, before leaving negative FB. Once left it is hard to undo..Good communication is a big + when striking a deal...
Old 01-10-2003, 08:12 AM

Thanks buddy - I would dearly like to rather resolve the matter than to leave any kind of negative remark anywhere - if only the guy would communicate.... but he is silent like the grave... perhaps we leave it lie.

And, hey guys! Thanks for this wonderful forum to make deals, trades, swaps, begs, steals, whatevers... This is a great place to meet new friends and buddies and fellow hobby enthusiasts...!

Please keep it up! I live very far away but this venue brings me as close to others as the next guy!

Take care
Nico