Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

MVVS 58 Carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 58 Carb

Hi,

I have a 2nd hand MVVS 58 - I have had trouble tuning it - so I have had a rebuild and clean done on the carb,

The service guy - says -
" there is a cripped brass tube into the primer inlet - which was not sealed and was sucking air"

Can I have some feedback on this,
- is it normal ?,
- is it a non standard carb ?
- What should be in the primer line ?

I'm sorry if the info is vague - as I am new to petrol - but loving it

Best regards
Dominic Stevens
Old 03-21-2006, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 58 Carb

Your repair guy did the right thing if he sealed the brass line that is crimped off. As supplied by Walbro, the carbs come with a priming circuit. Our airplanes don't need that and at the MVVS factory the brass line is crimped when the carb is installed on the engine. If the crimp does not seal the line you will have difficulties with the engine, sealing it with a bit of solder works well if the problem has not been remedied all ready.