Community
Search
Notices
MVVS Support Get support from 3 qualified MVVS Forum Hosts. Dar Zeelon, representative from Israel. David Moen, representative from Canada. Pe Reivers, representative from Netherlands.

mvvs 1.6

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 PM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mvvs 1.6

I have been having trouble starting my 1.6 as well as consistent running -engine dies, I have found the case is cracked at carb mount flange as well as o-ring is split, my question-where do I buy a replacement case(I see that horizon evo 1.6 case appears the same) -and if replacing the case-how much work is involved or do I need to send it in to service center-thanks jmc
Old 02-28-2007, 01:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mvvs 1.6

Jim,

You can ask any of the MVVS dealers here; myself, PĂ©, or David.

Some may have it in stock and others might need to order it in for you, but you will pay less than the Evo price anyway.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to try the "penny-tech" repair, you could fill the crack with JB weld and install a new o-ring. I've had customers do that after thier engine has a dirt-nap!
Old 02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I have to admit, it took a little "POWER DIRT-NAP" I pancaked a GP chipmunk in the dirt and the engine is mounted inverted-the velocity stack had enough dirt for a garden-lodge inside. I think that may have been the problem to cause the crack-although it is very small, right at the point where the case meets at the top of the carb flange , if this make sense-everyone has been very helpful here and I appreciate it-I wonder how much a new case would be -thanks jim