Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

o.s. 32sx fuel leaking past throttle rotor

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o.s. 32sx fuel leaking past throttle rotor

I have an o.s. 32 sx that I have had for a long time, bought it when they first came out. haven't used it for around 2 years until this weekend. there is fuel leaking past the throttle rotor, on any setting. the engine will run great when i do get it started, which is not to easy either.

took apart the carb, cleaned it all and the o-rings seem to be in good shape. You can just see the fuel passing past the rotor.

should i change the o-ring, or the throttle rotor and housing the problem?

it's on a profile type airplane, so the fuel tank is on the cg above the wing, fuel tank too high causing this problem?

and suggestions would really help me out

thanks

Geoff
Old 04-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: o.s. 32sx fuel leaking past throttle rotor

If you mean that fuel is being spit out of the carburetor when the engine's running at a variety of throttle settings, then it's much too rich. The engine may tend to spit a bit at mid to low settings if the tank's a bit high, but it shouldn't spit at high throttle settings.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: o.s. 32sx fuel leaking past throttle rotor

the fuel is not coming out of the carb opening, but the throttle rotor, which is the adjustment for engine speeds. when the engine is not running, you can see the fuel seeping from the round cylindrical throttle rotor. when i do get the engine running, then it will not leak since the fuel is basically being sucked into the engine. Since there is this leak of fuel, i do have to run the engine at richer setting since i believe now air is being sucked from this spot as well.

the idle adjustment is at this same spot, which there is an o-ring. it appeared to be no problems with it. but the thing is that it will even leak at high throttle settings, where this neddle will have no affect at. Is there too much clearence between the two moving pieces that is causing this, and the only solution is to replace both parts, carb outer shell and the throttle rotor?

or is there a solution that can fix this problem?

thanks for your time

Sincerely

Geoff