Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

OS 90 FS carburettor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 90 FS carburettor

I have an os 90 fs that only runs with the needle valve turned in tight. Even then it is still runing rich. Do you know what could cause this? I checked it with a needle from a diffrent os 90, still the same. Is there a replacement carb or a diffrent carb that will fit this engine? Thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: OS 90 FS carburettor

It sounds like the needle seat in the carb body has been damaged and made a bit wider than it should be. The only cure is to replace both the carb body and the needle valve. Unfortunately, We'd not have parts for the old FS-90, and neither would O.S. in Japan. The engine has been out of production for 18 years and no longer receives support from O.S.

You can check the needle, and you'll likely see a polished ring around the pointy part. This indicates that it's been hitting the needle seat enough that damage has been done.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 90 FS carburettor

I had the same problem , probabilly the needle somehow was screwed too tight and damaged the small hole in wich it seals the fuel flow . I fixed that , taking a small punch , with a rounded end and slowly knocked the hole forcing it to reduce its enlarged diameter . This worked for me . Also is a good idea check your carburator seals , o rings etc . Its a fine engine , I have tree . Hope it works for you . Buying a new carburator is a good idea , but they are no longer available , and is difficult to find second hand replacement parts for that engine