Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

Another broke O.S. .21 v-spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another broke O.S. .21 v-spec

Yes that's right, another! I have found yet another flaw in this engine, THE CARB! My v-spec has a little less than a gallon through it and I've already changed the bearings because of the other problems and I thought I was going to be ok until two nights ago at a race when the **** carb fell apart. That's right, fell apart! I had a good start in the race leading the first two laps, fell to second for a few more and right when I gained the lead again it stalled. After not being able to fire the car again, we removed the body to find what you see in the pic below. At first we thought maybe something hit it but as you can see there is not a mark on it and the car was on it's wheels when it stalled. Just when you think you have everything covered by replacing the bearings and then this happens. DON'T TRUST THIS ENGINE!!!

Since O.S. has decided to NOT warranty this item, if you have ANY IDEAS on how to fix it please let me know. It looks like it may have been pressed in by the factory but now it is loose when I put it back in so I have no clue what to do. Air Seal does not work, looks like I may have to Ebay this new motor and finally get what everyone was trying to talk me into the first time!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66973.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	429739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55618.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	429740