Community
Search
Notices
O.S. Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions about O.S. Engines.

.28 XZ Truggy Engine tuning/heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .28 XZ Truggy Engine tuning/heat issue

I recently purchased the O.S. 28 XZ Truggy engine. I broke it in nice and slowly with 7 tanks. If I set it so that it runs good, it reaches temps of 250+ in less than 5 minutes of run time. If I fatten/richen it up to help lower the temps, it runs like kaka.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate. I'm running the red carb insert on 30% Nitro in 85 degree outside temperture.
Thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: .28 XZ Truggy Engine tuning/heat issue

If the engine is running fine, and gives good performance throughout a full tank of fuel, then the temp is OK. Whatever you get is the "correct" temp if the engine is running well. No matter what anyone may tell you, a correctly running engine is ALWAYS running at the correct temperature, regardless of whatever temp reading you take. Also, please realize that the temperature of the engine will change from day-to-day, as the weather changes, and will change when you change fuel. It will also change as the engine is used. No matter what, though, if the engine's running well, the temp is correct. In fact, we tend to ignore them, except to keep an eye out to see if anything changes. The actual number is relatively meaningless to us.