Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

ORIGINAL: hunter306

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

Current shop conditions and Wild Willys
Hey, looks like you got some decent room to build/tweak your RC stuff.

Nice! How long did it take for you guys to find the new place??
Ya, it's not bad, I used to build all my planes on that table. I am currently at my parent's house and I took over one half of the basement.[>:] My parents are cool so it's not a big deal. My wife is still in CT taking care of things there. Once she is ready to come out here we'll be in a place. Right now I am still looking. I needed to transition my business to this location, I just got home from my current project so I've had less time to really do some RCing. When I get a chance, though, I do fly my helis. The Raptor is collecting dust, I hate it. Work is a priority right now so....
Old 10-23-2007, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

That's pretty slick! Must be pretty cool to see in real life.

So I am trying to decide on my next model. At first I wanted a Clod but TEX said it wasn't the best unless you mod it out a lot. Then I wanted a T-egg but missed out on that. I might just go with a frog or something of that nature but we will see.

Also, I am shopping for a transmitter. Honestly, since I don't race or plan on it I may just get a 2PL, it's futaba's 2 channel AM computer radio. I think I might go for AM to cut costs on recievers, since am is cheap. Not sure if I will use a 3r channel anytime soon, but I am open to suggestions, I just don't want to be payin 50 bucks every time I need a new reciever for a new model.
Quit messing around and get the 3PM.....
Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am trying to decide on my next model. At first I wanted a Clod but TEX said it wasn't the best unless you mod it out a lot. Then I wanted a T-egg but missed out on that. I might just go with a frog or something of that nature but we will see.

Also, I am shopping for a transmitter. Honestly, since I don't race or plan on it I may just get a 2PL, it's futaba's 2 channel AM computer radio. I think I might go for AM to cut costs on recievers, since am is cheap. Not sure if I will use a 3r channel anytime soon, but I am open to suggestions, I just don't want to be payin 50 bucks every time I need a new reciever for a new model.
**EDIT: You're looking for a Surface TX.. Whoops!**

DX7's are going for pretty good prices on the bay' right now.

I just picked up a New DX7 w/ AR7000 Rx for 250 shipped. Though I'm a bit Leary of the stories people are telling about DX7 issues... Guess I'll find out the hard way.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Tex - good to hear the RC event at Rosemont was fun. I was talking with my wife about it - my older son is probably a year or so away from going to something like this. I'd love to take him, but right now he'd get bored far quicker than me I'm afraid (...but maybe not). I'd love to go sometime...any idea if this will be a regular occurance in the Chicago area?

I was surprised to hear you say that there were great deals on items being sold there - I would have guessed it to be a ripoff fest (lure you in, sell you shiny models for retail or more). That's nice that it wasn't!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM

**EDIT: You're looking for a Surface TX.. Whoops!**

DX7's are going for pretty good prices on the bay' right now.

I just picked up a New DX7 w/ AR7000 Rx for 250 shipped. Though I'm a bit Leary of the stories people are telling about DX7 issues... Guess I'll find out the hard way.
Just don't let anyone stand between you and your plane...yup, you got it, signal interuption. I would never trust anything I flew on a Spektrum system. I am sticking with FM right now, tried and true.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Tex - good to hear the RC event at Rosemont was fun. I was talking with my wife about it - my older son is probably a year or so away from going to something like this. I'd love to take him, but right now he'd get bored far quicker than me I'm afraid (...but maybe not). I'd love to go sometime...any idea if this will be a regular occurance in the Chicago area?

I was surprised to hear you say that there were great deals on items being sold there - I would have guessed it to be a ripoff fest (lure you in, sell you shiny models for retail or more). That's nice that it wasn't!
It's an anual event so you can go next year. Most of the poeple there are selling thier product for the first time or new to the industry so they sell there items for a discount and call it advertising. On the other hand, ya, there were a few booths trying to sell absolute junk.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 PM

TEX I wouldn't fly any of my large scale planes now unless they were spektrum!!! That really is a myth about standing in front of the transmitter, you have control during line of site, I mean you cannot fly ehind a building and expect to survive that with FM? Spektrum has been out for so long it is coming to be the preferred method. Plus it all but eliminates glitching on micro helis such as your t rex.

I am all set for air transmitters I have a 12FGA and 2.4 ghz module for it though.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:13 PM

TEX I wouldn't fly any of my large scale planes now unless they were spektrum!!! That really is a myth about standing in front of the transmitter, you have control during line of site, I mean you cannot fly ehind a building and expect to survive that with FM? Spektrum has been out for so long it is coming to be the preferred method. Plus it all but eliminates glitching on micro helis such as your t rex.

I am all set for air transmitters I have a 12FGA and 2.4 ghz module for it though.
LOL...read my lips... N E V E R! I don't care, when was the last time you heard of an FM system just stop working? I hear about the Spektrum failing all the time and now they are "trying" to find a resolution?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
My Feedback: (31)

LOL...read my lips... N E V E R! I don't care, when was the last time you heard of an FM system just stop working? I hear about the Spektrum failing all the time and now they are "trying" to find a resolution?

amen.. ive seen too many go down due to spektrum "2.4" and its deadspots.. and the human body IS the enemy to 2.4 systems.. the body is comprised of 80% water.. and it WILL stop a spek signal.. ive seen it with my own 2 eyes..
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 PM

Hey hey lol didn't mean to get you riled up. We can agree to disagree, I think 2.4 has come a long way and its that LiPo type of stories going on now, like sure a few catch fire but realistically it's never going to happen to you. I plan on using 2.4 in all my planes I actually care about so something like what happened to my Cap doesn't happen again at the field. That's one bonus you can't deny of 2.4, the fact that no one can turn on your channel.

Take a look at all the top pilots going to competitions such as Top Gun, and see how many people are using FM...
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 PM

It's an anual event so you can go next year. Most of the poeple there are selling thier product for the first time or new to the industry so they sell there items for a discount and call it advertising. On the other hand, ya, there were a few booths trying to sell absolute junk.
Sweet, I've bookmarked the website. Was there a fee to get in?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: turbotb0205

amen.. ive seen too many go down due to spektrum "2.4" and its deadspots.. and the human body IS the enemy to 2.4 systems.. the body is comprised of 80% water.. and it WILL stop a spek signal.. ive seen it with my own 2 eyes..
I've seen a lot more planes go down due to someone turning on an FM transmitter when they shouldn't have.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear things are going well for ya!! Keep us posted!!

Ya, it's not bad, I used to build all my planes on that table. I am currently at my parent's house and I took over one half of the basement.[>:] My parents are cool so it's not a big deal. My wife is still in CT taking care of things there. Once she is ready to come out here we'll be in a place. Right now I am still looking. I needed to transition my business to this location, I just got home from my current project so I've had less time to really do some RCing. When I get a chance, though, I do fly my helis. The Raptor is collecting dust, I hate it. Work is a priority right now so....
Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 AM

Not trusting the new technology, eh, TEX?!

I did hear that people are getting better range w/ 1024 PCM vs. the new 2.4GHz.. (when they were doing the world fastest RC runs..)

But the 2.4GHz got the convenience side covered as you never have to worry about what channel others are running...

Just don't let anyone stand between you and your plane...yup, you got it, signal interuption. I would never trust anything I flew on a Spektrum system. I am sticking with FM right now, tried and true.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 PM

That's an interesting truck shell there....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51049.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	789662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64360.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	789663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10508.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	789664  
Old 10-24-2007, 03:29 PM

Sweet, I've bookmarked the website. Was there a fee to get in?
Yes, children free and I think $6 to get in and $11 for parking.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Hey hey lol didn't mean to get you riled up.
LOL, you didn't get me riled up, I'm cool man.

For what it's worth, all those "pros" are sponsered so they get everything for free pretty much. I wouldn't turn down a free top of the line Spektrum. I am just saying I would buy one.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

The ProLine 'Dirty Dumper' ---

J/K - definitely an original setup, reminds me of the old Sport-Semi truck shell they had.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:34 PM

J/K - definitely an original setup, reminds me of the old Sport-Semi truck shell they had.
Saw that at the Pro-Line booth. It's a nice shell for sure.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM

One less car as of this afternoon... one more Airplane. [8D]

Got rid of the JRX-S, Ordered a 'Mini Ultra Stick' --- That probably won't see use for a little while though, just found a good price on it!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

hunter did you fly you plane yet?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:41 PM

What size brushless motor are you going to put in and battery? Thise planes are great and easy to fly and can do some pretty complex manuvers.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM

What size brushless motor are you going to put in and battery? Thise planes are great and easy to fly and can do some pretty complex manuvers.
I got the PNP version (plug and play) -- It includes the E-Flite Park 450 Motor, 22amp ESC, and all the standard servo already installed.

Supposed to be a pretty decent performer right out of the box, all I have to do is slap in the DX7 RX and go.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Dirty Dumper would go well with the Losi Daiper for sure..

Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Dirty Dumper would go well with the Losi Daiper for sure..
hahha, I agree. Looks like that shell is a 'maxx' sized shell, so likely it's been designed to fit the smaller MT's out there.

Not to say the losi diaper couldn't be used for non-losi gear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.