Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

ORIGINAL: eddiebelanger

start on the t-egg today?
Yeah I just got around to starting it an hour ago, finished the front diff. I will leave the front one unlocked and lock the rear so I can drrive somewhat oh high traction surfaces well also. I probably will get around to a couple of more steps right before bet after I take care of some stuff.

It is pretty cool to stretch out the build, usually like over the weekend I would finish it in one day and then the fun is over. I have to order my TX and servo too at somepoint.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, talk about boost... making almost 500hps / liter.. ha ha ha!! NICE!!

ORIGINAL: nickd

going back a page
the the Escudo is powered by a 935 HP Twin Turbo V6. not V8 or twin engines. That for me makes it even more impressive. Here are some other stats on the car (check out the power to weight ratio)
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...n/default.aspx

Tex: Can you post a link to your savage build thread, I have been looking for it in the hpi section for days now and can no longer find it.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM

We need some update at the T-Egg thread!!

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Yeah I just got around to starting it an hour ago, finished the front diff. I will leave the front one unlocked and lock the rear so I can drrive somewhat oh high traction surfaces well also. I probably will get around to a couple of more steps right before bet after I take care of some stuff.

It is pretty cool to stretch out the build, usually like over the weekend I would finish it in one day and then the fun is over. I have to order my TX and servo too at somepoint.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: lee172

here Luke.. looks like another re-re

Tamiya’s Fire Dragon was a popular R/C off-road buggy that was produced in the late 1980s. The chassis was an evolution from the Thunder Shot chassis and featured a more conventional 4 oil damper suspension instead of the previous front mono-shock system for improved off-road handling. R/C fans who dreamed about owning this buggy as children have now grown up, and Tamiya is about to make their childhood dream a reality. We are proud to announce that the Fire Dragon will return in its original form.

About the Model
* Nostalgic 1/10 scale R/C off-road buggy assembly kit.
* Shaft-driven 4WD chassis features durable monocoque frame and a chassis cover to help safeguard internal mechanisms.
* Front and rear gearboxes are fully enclosed to prevent interference from dirt and debris.
* Differential gear ensures efficient power transfer from the motor.
* 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension equipped with 4 oil dampers.
* Distinctive body shell locates the driver’s cockpit near the nose and is made from tough lightweight polycarbonate.
* Driver torso figure is included for a touch of realism.
I don't understand why Tamiya re-releases the stupid stuff. Re-release the Avante, not something like the Fire Dragon.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Sheesh my SS5800 is attracting a LOT of attempted fraud in the past day lol.

A couple were obvious, but some my browser warned me about the site being forged. I'd post one of the hilarious ones, but it's probably against the rules...
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 AM

OOOH, i like these
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=25457
Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 AM

can someone try
www.tamiyaclub.com and see if it's working, or wether it's just my PC
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: lee172

here Luke.. looks like another re-re

Tamiya’s Fire Dragon was a popular R/C off-road buggy that was produced in the late 1980s. The chassis was an evolution from the Thunder Shot chassis and featured a more conventional 4 oil damper suspension instead of the previous front mono-shock system for improved off-road handling. R/C fans who dreamed about owning this buggy as children have now grown up, and Tamiya is about to make their childhood dream a reality. We are proud to announce that the Fire Dragon will return in its original form.

About the Model
* Nostalgic 1/10 scale R/C off-road buggy assembly kit.
* Shaft-driven 4WD chassis features durable monocoque frame and a chassis cover to help safeguard internal mechanisms.
* Front and rear gearboxes are fully enclosed to prevent interference from dirt and debris.
* Differential gear ensures efficient power transfer from the motor.
* 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension equipped with 4 oil dampers.
* Distinctive body shell locates the driver’s cockpit near the nose and is made from tough lightweight polycarbonate.
* Driver torso figure is included for a touch of realism.
it cant be that much of a joke can it?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Economic reason... ha! Would be hard to get those metal parts, etc. vs. refresh their old mold and start cranking out more Fire Dragon.. LOL!

But yeah, Fire Dragon -> no special place in Tamiya history.... [&:]

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

I don't understand why Tamiya re-releases the stupid stuff. Re-release the Avante, not something like the Fire Dragon.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Works fine....

ORIGINAL: rcluke

can someone try
www.tamiyaclub.com and see if it's working, or wether it's just my PC
Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 AM

For the airplane people... here's a real Airbus A310 doing a low pass turn!

http://www.flixxy.com/airbus-a310-air-show.htm
Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 AM

I almost bought a hotshot yesterday but it looked really bad. It had rust and just did not look very good. I am pretty sure it was vintage. They only wanted 40 for it.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:26 AM

I am sure w/ the re-re now available, the value of those vintage dropped quite a bit.. unless you are a hardcore collector... most people who buy it to be a runner would probably just order it from Tower!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 AM

yeah. If it was in good shape i would have bought it in a second escpically cause i could have got it for free! My hobby shop has a raffle and everytime you buy something you get a ticket. At the end of the month they draw a ticket and the winner gets $50. My jato chassis was pretty bent up so i got a new one of those with the money.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Sweet - HPI support just emailed me saying they will replace my RX-8 wings for free, since I messed mine up. I asked if they sold the wings separately from the body, and they don't. They don't normally do this, but this guy wanted to show how HPI values their customers, so he's sending me 2 new wings for free to replace the ones I messed up.

Nice!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Nice going on HPI's side!!

BTW, the paint job looks too nice to run..... I think it is time for you to get a bash body!!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 PM

Pretty cool custom Tamiya!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50563.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	814159  
Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Hunter, you ever sold your Mini Monster Baja?! Did you have a chance to do a video before you sold it? (if you sold it, that it is..)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Nice going on HPI's side!!

BTW, the paint job looks too nice to run..... I think it is time for you to get a bash body!!
No way, man! I gotta run it...

I trimmed the body posts, put a few Tamiya decals on (still not sure where to put the big Tamiya TA05-R one), got the body sitting on there just right, no wobbling. [8D]

I'm considering trimming off the bottom part of the body "lip" that runs under the front airdam, and the side skirts. It bottoms out just before the car chassis does!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM

I think you asked about the gap for the body between the 2 holes being too big.. You can run some shims below the body... usually, I also put some aluminum tape around the body post holes so protect the paint there too... I am sure you have seen that on many of my builds... if you don't know what I mean, let me know...

There's also foam type protector that you can stick under the body.. I have that on my beetle shell...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:38 PM

thats well cool of HPI, nice one Eman!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

I think you asked about the gap for the body between the 2 holes being too big.. You can run some shims below the body... usually, I also put some aluminum tape around the body post holes so protect the paint there too... I am sure you have seen that on many of my builds... if you don't know what I mean, let me know...

There's also foam type protector that you can stick under the body.. I have that on my beetle shell...
Yep, I ended up taping down foam-type stuff around the underside of the body holes, so it raised it up just enough, and also will protect. Not sure why I didn't think of that before (brain fart). LOL

And yeah, very nice of HPI. They just shipped the wings out I'm told, will be here in 5-7 days.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:33 PM

You can get some of these next time you order from Tower too.. they are handy if you don't want to bother w/ glue, etc.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXB803&P=ML
Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 PM

Sweet, thanks LB!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM

No problem.. LB can actually be helpful sometimes... ha!

So you got to run the TA-05R around yet?! That thing must be a rocket ship!

Make me want to dust off my on-road and run them for the last few times before the snow comes.. (then bust out my new Kyosho Blizzard, hee hee..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.