Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

no the old card shouldn't have any issues running the bigger screen.. problem that may occur if you can call it that is the resolution of the old card might not go up as high as the screen needs..

out of range usually refers to the resolution set on the pc being under or over the maximum limits of the television.. look through the tv's manual it'll say what the resolution should be set at on the pc for optimum performance on the television
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcluke

Has anyone got a Sony Bravia TV?
i got a 26'' today, and i can't hook my computer up to it, it keeps saying 'out of range'
i don't have one myself, but my grandma bought herself one, also a 26". i tried the same thing and i kept getting "out of range" messages too, either that or i could get part of the screen or a very low-res desktop. not sure what the problem is as it isn't mine so i didn't tinker with it.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Get the 22" and find out!!

I don't have any experience w/ them nice video cards....

I always buy the budget PCs.. hee hee...
haha, LB you're the only person i've ever seen who uses the crazy Microsoft "natural" keyboard. i tried one of them about 10 years ago and nearly went insane. too much time on the old buckling spring keyboards i suppose.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: acevtwin

Hey everyone. I ordered my DF-02 MS today!! thats gonna be cool sitting next to my TRF501X! I got it cheap at a local hobby store. I don't need to know how much tex paid now. I plan to race it in stock buggy class. Currently I race a B4. I thought it would be cool to race ALL my classes with Tamiya vehicles. I wish Tamiya would come out with a full blown race 2wd buggy though. Here in Michigan we have a "Vintage" class that I race a Frog in. Anyway, thanks for everyones help.
i got all excited at first until i realized you were on the other side of the state. i'm interested in finding somewhere around here to race my Brat, once i get better at driving. but there doesn't seem to be any racing in the Grand Rapids area, and something tells me i'd get laughed at showing up with a Frog chassis.

and the Frog is a full blown 2wd race buggy! or at least it was.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Well, LB Nov. 2008 Im gonna order me a 501X. Unless tamiya makes a new 502X or something...maybe who knows.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got it for free... so I am just using it.. LOL!! LB = cheap!

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

haha, LB you're the only person i've ever seen who uses the crazy Microsoft "natural" keyboard. i tried one of them about 10 years ago and nearly went insane. too much time on the old buckling spring keyboards i suppose.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM

11/08?! That's a little bit planning ahead, no?!

There's a refinement on the 501X already.. TRF501X World Championship Edition.. so I am sure there might be something new at the time!

ORIGINAL: B44RacerEX

Well, LB Nov. 2008 Im gonna order me a 501X. Unless tamiya makes a new 502X or something...maybe who knows.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:14 PM
My Feedback: (31)

i use a microsoft comfort key 1.0A wireless.. its not far off from the natural lol... i cant use regular keyboards anymore too small and most ppl cant use my keyboard.. so i keep my pc free of squatters
Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 PM

There's a refinement on the 501X already.. TRF501X World Championship Edition.. so I am sure there might be something new at the time!

2008 will be here before you know it. 2-3 weeks no more 2007.
It's just better to have both the B44 and 501X. Heck I can use the saddle packs and tires/rims from racing the B44 on the 501X also.
LB when you become a R/C racer time flies by in a blink of an eye.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:25 PM

So we are 11 months away from the 501X and you are saying it "coming soon"?! hee hee..

I like your spirit! hee!
Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 PM

LOL!! I can change it but why??? lol
Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 PM

I got it for free... so I am just using it.. LOL!! LB = cheap!

lol nothing wrong with that! i built my first computer from spare parts acquired from friends. the only part i had to actually buy was a case & power supply, as no one was willing to part with one! it was a crazy day, me and these two rather large friends of mine crammed into a tiny Geo Metro hatchback, driving around to visit literally every person we knew who might have spares. at the end of the day i had a relatively decent for the time AMD K5-PR90. [&:]

i mention this also because as i was getting ready to purchase my Brat, all i could think about was how many people i knew with tons of spare computer parts, and kept wishing i knew people with tons of spare RC parts. i get jealous every time i see someone post pics of some garage sale lot they got, with dozens of parts and partial RCs. [8D]
Old 12-27-2007, 09:19 PM

It's just better to have both the B44 and 501X. Heck I can use the saddle packs and tires/rims from racing the B44 on the 501X also.
Man I wish I could have both a B44 and a 501X! I need to wish upon the RC fairy or something. Maybe I'll get one under my pillow. On second thought that would be a rather stiff neck the next morning, those boxes are huge.

Actually out of your list of cars, I think the one I'd want the most is the Goldpan.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:48 PM

Mechanizeddeath, you seem to be an old school guy.. maybe it is time for you to get a Lunchbox?!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM

wow its been ages since i've been in this thread but i had to come in to tell u an amazing sighting i had today. I actually saw someone driving next to me in a subaru brat!! i was in awe. seeing one in RC land is rare but then seeing one in person in my little city was something else. haha.. if that was interesting then sorry i wasted ur time.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

wow its been ages since i've been in this thread but i had to come in to tell u an amazing sighting i had today. I actually saw someone driving next to me in a subaru brat!! i was in awe. seeing one in RC land is rare but then seeing one in person in my little city was something else. haha.. if that was interesting then sorry i wasted ur time.
yeah they are pretty uncommon these days in just about any city! or any old subaru for that matter. they have a lot of character i tell ya... and the RC ones are very cool too!

even more rare is a subaru SVX. wonder if anyone ever made a RC body of one of those???
Old 12-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Just got back from a meeting. For the track. And it was great! June(they are still not 100 percent sure yet) they are gonna run an HPI cheap chassis and you
have to run oval with that chassis.Turning the go-cart slick track into an oval track.

Everything that was discussed I agreed with.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM

[quoteRandom question - assuming my Ati Radeaon 9800 Pro 128 MB vid card (a bit old, but not as old as my proc!) can handle a 19" widescreen LCD just fine....would anyone forsee problems handling a bigger, 22" widescreen just as well?

I don't play FPS games, but I enjoy RPG and RTS - so I want video performance, but don't need it insanely fast (or I'd get a new PC setup..heh).

Thoughts? ][/quote]

A bit old is an understatement. I built my computer around 4 years ago, I think? But anyway, I'm still running the card I got for it then, and it was already a bit low at the time. I have a Radeaon 5200 card, I think the only game I can technically run on it is Starcraft Brood War. I can run Battlefield 2 on it, though. This new laptop has a 7150 card, so I can run some of the games I have that use 9800, though the colors aren't the best I can at least run the game w/o any graphic lag.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 PM

Nope.. ha!! I should be this weekend, though!!

Bah, I usually run one every day I am home!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:54 PM

I think the last computer that I bought (for myself) was a laptop when I went to grad school.. (wa, that's a long time ago.. LOL!) But after that, I just keep on getting free computer (either my sister's company is going out of business so they are throwing away their PCs, or my sister bought me one..) ha!

More $$$ for me for RCs.. (joke)

But yeah, the next time I get a new PC, I need to get one that let me run RealFlight.. so I can learn how to fly.. ha!

lol nothing wrong with that! i built my first computer from spare parts acquired from friends. the only part i had to actually buy was a case & power supply, as no one was willing to part with one! it was a crazy day, me and these two rather large friends of mine crammed into a tiny Geo Metro hatchback, driving around to visit literally every person we knew who might have spares. at the end of the day i had a relatively decent for the time AMD K5-PR90. [&:]

i mention this also because as i was getting ready to purchase my Brat, all i could think about was how many people i knew with tons of spare computer parts, and kept wishing i knew people with tons of spare RC parts. i get jealous every time i see someone post pics of some garage sale lot they got, with dozens of parts and partial RCs. [8D]
Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 PM

Er, they even made a Radeon 5200...?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Man I wish I could have both a B44 and a 501X! I need to wish upon the RC fairy or something. Maybe I'll get one under my pillow. On second thought that would be a rather stiff neck the next morning, those boxes are huge.

Actually out of your list of cars, I think the one I'd want the most is the Goldpan.
I'm gonna stick with off-road no sense of going on-road because I wont have time to do both due to being ran at the same time on the same day. But they will possibly have an on-road track going. But they might change that also, and run on-road on Thursdays, and off-road on Saturdays'.
I've wanted a 501X and next x-mas will be my chance to get one.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:29 PM

I think the last computer that I bought (for myself) was a laptop when I went to grad school.. (wa, that's a long time ago.. LOL!) But after that, I just keep on getting free computer (either my sister's company is going out of business so they are throwing away their PCs, or my sister bought me one..) ha!

More $$$ for me for RCs.. (joke)

But yeah, the next time I get a new PC, I need to get one that let me run RealFlight.. so I can learn how to fly.. ha!

lol! aside from laptops, the last computer i bought was a 286! i suffered on that for ages until i started building my own about 10 years ago.

that realflight looks fun, but i think it's a bit pricey. then again i think the point of it is to train you so you don't spread your new plane over a large radius, thus causing even more expense.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:05 AM

At least the RealFlight comes w/ the controller!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:09 AM

At least the RealFlight comes w/ the controller!
yeah, and it has online multiplayer , FS One... they dont have good controllers[], FS one, has HORIBLE graphics. you get the plane a little away, and you can't tell what you crashed into,,,,[>:]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.