Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 2

You usually only need to set up the profile once... what charger do you have right now?!

ORIGINAL: Longhair

Is this a good charger: http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/dow...24120_6415.pdf

I want something that I can just plug in and not have to worry about setting the mAh everytime.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

I don't think you need so much protection for playing PS-3....
for the wii maybe lol
Old 02-26-2008, 11:54 AM

You usually only need to set up the profile once... what charger do you have right now?!

I want something that I can just plug in and not have to worry about setting the mAh everytime.
http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/dow...ungen/6410.pdf

It is a cheaper version of it that doesn't have any memory settings. I figure that since the number of different batteries are accumulating, I better play it safe and go with something that is totally plug & charge instead of plug & boom [X(]
Old 02-26-2008, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i'm home from the hospital! never letting myself go that far again! ugh... i kept hoping i'd get better on my own when it fact i just kept getting worse. but at least i had a prize to come home to!

the box was a little battered, rural mail delivery can be a brutal business "car country" is written on the box, and that's no lie; they probably threw it in a Subaru mailwagon (Japanese-spec plain vanilla Legacy with right hand drive) and bounced it along miles of crappy roads to get it here. [&:] however thanks to good packaging everything arrived unbroken!

pictured along with the amazing TB-02 are the LB-exclusive bonuses: two hobbico standard servos, Tamiya brand threadlock, two silvercans, Courage wheels, body foams and extra hardware bits, and the same Duratrax body scissors i've been eyeballing for months now. i'm not kidding when i say that these extras tripled the amount of non-kit RC bits that i have! thanks LB!

not sure when i'll start the build, as i wanted to do the body first since it's the hardest part (for me) but we'll see. i might just do what i did for the Brat and spray in the garage, then move it in to dry in the house.

anyone have any painting/body tips? i might head over to the painting and detailing forum and check that out. do you guys paint and then trim the body, or trim then paint? i've seen it done both ways so i don't know.

Edit: forgot to post the pics... lol!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56017.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	889104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69146.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	889105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83851.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	889106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69645.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	889107  
Old 02-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Welcome home [8D]

The only painting tip I can offer is this: let someone else do it
Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Cut it up, drill all the holes, etc.

Then paint!!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:07 PM

LOL, re-re will do wonder to the value of the original.. hee... (in a bad way..)

That $305 price tag is gonna be hard to swallow now.. unless you are a hardcore collector!! (not me!!)

$195 and I have to wait until April [:@]

Ebay now for US $305.00 (and counting)
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM

It is a cheaper version of it that doesn't have any memory settings. I figure that since the number of different batteries are accumulating, I better play it safe and go with something that is totally plug & charge instead of plug & boom [X(]
DONT !!!,
that charger is TURD, spend the money on a decent charger and batteries, and your car will be amazing, it drives so much better with decent batteries, charged properly than with crappy batteries and a crappy charger. TRUST ME on this
Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

well i'm home from the hospital! never letting myself go that far again! ugh... i kept hoping i'd get better on my own when it fact i just kept getting worse. but at least i had a prize to come home to!

the box was a little battered, rural mail delivery can be a brutal business "car country" is written on the box, and that's no lie; they probably threw it in a Subaru mailwagon (Japanese-spec plain vanilla Legacy with right hand drive) and bounced it along miles of crappy roads to get it here. [&:] however thanks to good packaging everything arrived unbroken!

pictured along with the amazing TB-02 are the LB-exclusive bonuses: two hobbico standard servos, Tamiya brand threadlock, two silvercans, Courage wheels, body foams and extra hardware bits, and the same Duratrax body scissors i've been eyeballing for months now. i'm not kidding when i say that these extras tripled the amount of non-kit RC bits that i have! thanks LB!

not sure when i'll start the build, as i wanted to do the body first since it's the hardest part (for me) but we'll see. i might just do what i did for the Brat and spray in the garage, then move it in to dry in the house.

anyone have any painting/body tips? i might head over to the painting and detailing forum and check that out. do you guys paint and then trim the body, or trim then paint? i've seen it done both ways so i don't know.

That is SWEET,

im no expert, but it looks like you posted the same pics 2 times. we will let you off, after being in hospital for a few days lol
Old 02-26-2008, 12:15 PM

Very cheap for $135, ha!

Anyway, get well soon, mechanizeddeath!! Then I expect to see the TB-02 built up!!

I am sure TEX will be finishing that up in no time, ha ha ha ha!!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: rcluke

DONT !!!,
that charger is TURD, spend the money on a decent charger and batteries, and your car will be amazing, it drives so much better with decent batteries, charged properly than with crappy batteries and a crappy charger. TRUST ME on this

The one I am using now (10) or the first one I was looking at (15) is a turd?

What is a good charger that would work for both Ni.. & Li.. ?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM

Sucks that you are at Netherlands.. I got a Triton for sale.. ha!! [:'(]
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM

DONT !!!,

Since you're in Europe. I'd get the LRP pulsar3. A little pricy but worth it. I think it has the best nimh and nicd charging software I've used so far. Does 3 cell lipo and unless you are flying you don't need more.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:29 PM

I like to trim the body first, and them paint so I don't scratch up the paint when I am ready to trim. People have different logics for this is all depends on the person.

I like to clean the inside of the shell with alcohol, most people use dish detergent and a scotch pad to scuff it up a bit. Then just apply several light coats of paint, start with the darker colors if using more than one color.

Edit, that was in response to mechanized's question
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 PM

Pajero $195 available in April!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUGV4&P=7
Maybe I'll do my favorite trick of pre order and use coupon. Then switch as necessary.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 PM

That was nice of LB. For painting are you going for single color? If you are then a Tamiya spray can would do.

Cut the body holes first. Mask the windows and use 1500 grit sand paper to lightly scratch the inside. Don't sand any parts you want to leave clear. Wash with dawn and warm water. Then just spray away with light coats. This is the key and allow some time to dry between coats. I would do 2 coats of whatever color you choose and a backcoat (usually white, but this depend on the paint used.) As for trimming, I like trimming the body first but leaving the trim til last has an advantage, you can just set the body down and let it dry on its own without fear of it flipping over. Lastly remove the film and apply decals. Then spray an clearcoat over the deacals so they don't lift over time. This also hides the edge of decals.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

That's my plan................

ORIGINAL: secretsg

Maybe I'll do my favorite trick of pre order and use coupon. Then switch as necessary.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Let's see some pics, man!!

1/9th has to be huge, ha!!!

Size prospective. It's the volume of about 4 bruisers. Weighs about 50lbs? It uses a 7aH 12v leadacid cell. I love it but can't use it anywhere but right outside my house. []

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28233.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	889149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32650.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	889150  
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM

DONT !!!,

Since you're in Europe. I'd get the LRP pulsar3. A little pricy but worth it. I think it has the best nimh and nicd charging software I've used so far. Does 3 cell lipo and unless you are flying you don't need more.
i agree, either the LRP, or this http://modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunctio...n&ItemID=24286
Old 02-26-2008, 12:51 PM

Is it hobby grade? I'd guess so, right?!

50 lbs.. LOL!! That's hard to carry around!!

Size prospective. It's the volume of about 4 bruisers. Weighs about 50lbs? It uses a 7aH 12v leadacid cell. I love it but can't use it anywhere but right outside my house. []
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM

Fire Dragon available for order from Tower:

$145!

I kind of like the look... old school futurastic?! ha!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTRN5&P=7
RC champ has it for 8150yen. Should be cheaper even with the shipping. Don't see the pajero yet though.

Bruiser sold for the asking price of 1k. My stuff is usually not cheap but not outrageous either. Actually come to think of it the time spent on restoring this makes it really cheap.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the painting tips! overall the body appars to be a much simpler affair than the Brat, with that body i was supposed to use 3 colors, silver and black for the bumpers and trim, plus the chosen body color. i got frustrated and ended up with an all black (and now yellow!) job. looks like this body only needs some black at the rear, the rest is done with decals. and even the decals are fewer, thanks to the lack of full body Subaru stripes. [&:]

i've never heard of the clearcoat over decals trick, but it makes sense. argh, i should have asked this question before i went to the LHS for paint a few days ago! also i think too many coats may have been the problem with my Brat, i bet i put at least 6-8 coats on there and i think the resulting shell of paint was just too thick to flex with the body, especially with all the snow bashing i was doing.

i'm a little bummed, looks like i won't be able to use the Courage wheels with the Porsche body, as the offset is off by 2. [:@] i guess i could still use them but it would end up looking a little weird and probably rub. but on the plus side, i now have a set of street wheels for the Brat. well, once i get some rubber and the adapters!

and yeah i posted the pictures twice. hit cancel on accident and didn't check to see if they'd uploaded anyway. lol!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM

Is it hobby grade? I'd guess so, right?!

50 lbs.. LOL!! That's hard to carry around!!

Nah more toy grade. But you can make it into a hobby grade with about $240 worth of parts.

http://www.foxflier.com/abrams/index.htm
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM

thanks for the painting tips! overall the body appars to be a much simpler affair than the Brat, with that body i was supposed to use 3 colors, silver and black for the bumpers and trim, plus the chosen body color. i got frustrated and ended up with an all black (and now yellow!) job. looks like this body only needs some black at the rear, the rest is done with decals. and even the decals are fewer, thanks to the lack of full body Subaru stripes. [&:]

i've never heard of the clearcoat over decals trick, but it makes sense. argh, i should have asked this question before i went to the LHS for paint a few days ago! also i think too many coats may have been the problem with my Brat, i bet i put at least 6-8 coats on there and i think the resulting shell of paint was just too thick to flex with the body, especially with all the snow bashing i was doing.

i'm a little bummed, looks like i won't be able to use the Courage wheels with the Porsche body, as the offset is off by 2. [:@] i guess i could still use them but it would end up looking a little weird and probably rub. but on the plus side, i now have a set of street wheels for the Brat. well, once i get some rubber and the adapters!

and yeah i posted the pictures twice. hit cancel on accident and didn't check to see if they'd uploaded anyway. lol!

Don't feel bad. First time I saw a lexan body I thought the body was missing from the kit! [:'(] And my earliest efforts of painting came with my static model days in my youth. Man there were some ugly ugly paintjobs.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM

It doesn't help that I don't really know much about chargers.

Charge is the only thing I know about them. When it comes to discharging, capacity measurement, battery maintenance and balancing I am in the dark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.