Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Just maidened my B2N Islander

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just maidened my B2N Islander

Finished my new Bn2 last night and of course it rained almost all day. Just before sunset I got one flight in and I am impressed. This plane is fast, compared even to my P51. Very responsive even in 8-10 MPH winds i had. Landing was interesting I can tell I am going to need a little more landing room than my beaver or slow stik. I can tell I am going to have a blast with one...
Old 09-14-2003, 02:08 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Just maidened my B2N Islander

Way to go Nikko! Congratulations. That first flight after completing a model is always gratifying and very memorable (at least after you remember to breath!) I am also looking into getting a B2N. Which version do you have, the standard props, or the ducted fans? Did you hand launch, or ROG? These planes look great in flight. Have someone snap a photo of it just leaving the ground, or just touching down, and post it here sometime. I know everyone would love to see it. HAve a good day.
Happy Flying,
JR
Old 09-15-2003, 08:44 AM

The BN2 is a really nice plane. I am on my second one now because my first one went into the ground nose first from about 100'. I enlarged the battery bay and fly with 7 cell Kan 1050's and it really moves! Check the prop spinner regularly and even add a touch of epoxy to the shaft before you press it on. I have lost 2 props while in flight and so have many others. The plane is still flyable on one engine but it does make things a little more exciting than I need
Old 09-24-2003, 02:58 PM

Hi,
I agree that BN2 is a nice airplane. I have second one now. My first one was crashed because I tried to loop. The third loop the wing was broken and that how it crashed. I modified the front landing wheel from the front to the back. Somehow the front wheel is really weak for this BN2. I have to fix it almost for every fly, so that why I decide to move it to the back. It is awesome after that. I use 8 cells 9.6V 800NiMh. I can fly about 7 minutes for this battery.
Have fun.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:49 PM

I just got the Islander and put two 300 motors in it. I am thinking of running it with a 2100 MaH Li-Po I put in a Pixie 20 and on cut-off setting 3 ( 6.? volts) it cut early so I went to the No. 2 setting (5.0 volt) it still cut-out early, Then I put it on no cut off at all and it ran, I was checking it with the amp meter on it and a volt meter the volts were not going down below the respective settings and it was not going over 11 amps. I hear some people haveing problems with Castle Creations, I have 3 of these Pixie 20s and have had no problems. This is the first time I'v played with twins. Any ideas?

bobbdd