Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 ParkZone Albatros build and fly >

ParkZone Albatros build and fly

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

ParkZone Albatros build and fly

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Albatros build and fly

<span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Arial;">It went together in about 8 hours and I am slow. It was pretty easy except for where the plastic keepers go where the landing gear attach. It took a while
until I noticed that they are marked LF, RF, LB, RB. On the PNP, your receiver should be installed and wired and bound before the lower wing and gear
are attached. In two days I have put 7 flights on her. The 3 cell batteries used were Zippy Flightmax 1800 mah 20C; Rhino 1850 mah 40C and Rhino
2250 40C. The 20C battery had noticeably less power and The Esc was cutting out after only 4 minutes. The 1850 Rhino flew reasonably well for 6
minutes with some charge left over. The 2250 Rhino flew for 7 minutes with some charge left over. Full throttle stall turns were OK; easing back on
the throttle going down. Big loops required building up speed before entry. I wished for more power doing forward and reverse Immelmans. Inverted
flight was difficult as it required quite a bit of elevator. Of course real Albatros probably could not fly upside down for any length of time.This was not
due to balance but rather was a consequence of the flat bottom wings. I only used low rates and adjusted the transmitter to what felt good to me.
Taking off in a crosswind was accomplished by a full up elevator full power takeoff, which worked very well. It jumps up in about 6 to 10 ft. Just be ready
to back off on the elevator before it stalls. It likes to land on the main wheels, but be prepared for full aileron when it slows in a cross wind. I have ouchies
on both lower wing tips because of failure to work the ailerons I do not like the speed controller. It was not possible to set it where I like to set electrics;
which is the prop stops when the stick is all the way back and the prop turns one click up. With this one the prop does not turn until 6 or 7 clicks up.
Also I would like a little more power as most rc planes are over powered compared to real ones. I moved the 2250 battery back about an inch and it seemed
to fly well there. It sure is pretty. </span></span>
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Albatros build and fly

<span style="font-size: larger;">I tried 2650mah 40C batteries and they were difficult to load. Am going back to the 2250mah 40C. Found some weak spots in the Albatros The wheel plates break
at the hub. The wire axel that goes from wheel to wheel broke off at where a wire was welded to it. It appeared brittle. These problems happened on different days. The broken wheels also happened to a friend at my field. I am getting some good rolls using a momentary full deflection elevator down stick Inverted flight takes about one half down elevator The bottom of the bottom wing tips need some protection as they get hit a lot. I am getting 8 minutes plus flying time on the 2250's.
</span>