Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Tower Hobbies P51 40" foam ESC >

Tower Hobbies P51 40" foam ESC

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Tower Hobbies P51 40" foam ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies P51 40" foam ESC

This is my third electric after 55 years of nitro/gas. I converted my old KAOS to electric last year and flew it great for a year. Now I have maidened my Calypso and flown with the buzzards saturday. I just completed the Tower Hobbies RxR P51 today and noticed that there is no 'training' of the throttle as my other two electrics required. That is, turn on the transmitter and advance the throttle to full. Then plug in the airplane battery and return the throttle to zero. This little devil says nothing about that. I had to reverse the throttle as well as the other three controls on my Tactic radio. If I advance the throttle, nothing happens until I go to full throttle. At that point, the prop jumps a little and sits there. I pull the throttle back to zero and then I have normal throttle control.
This is NOT just the first time I turn it on but EVERY TIME I turn it on. I have relinked the receiver to the transmitter as I had to do with the Calypso, otherwise the throttle would go to wide open if I lost signal or shut off the transmitter. Flyzone fails to tell you that in the instructions!
Is this behavior normal for the P51 Tower Hobbies? I've searched all day on the internet and found nothing on any reviews or YouTube videos.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM

This plane's been around for over 2 years and no one has seen this phenomenon?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:30 PM

I don't know if you taken care of this issue or not, but the esc has to be reprogrammed every flight. Turn your radio on, then plug in the battery to the plane. Advance the throttle all the way up until you hear one beep, then take it all the way down to zero throttle. You'll hear two beeps, then you're ready to go. I actually like this feature on these planes as it helps to avoid damaging the prop or your hand while you're still getting the plane ready to fly. I hope this helps.