Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

what plane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what plane?

Hi,
Can anybody tell me what trainer should I choose. I want it to be aerobatic, easy to make, with full detailed guide, tools, and everything else included, and most inportant CHEAP.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:48 PM

Default RE: what plane?

Hey,
You might want to take a look at the planes from Hobby Zone. They have a plane called an Aerobird Challenger. 3 channel, fully proportional so it can do basic aerobatics like loops, fun stall maneuver things, and some others. Also it has an X-port so you can get a drop module-and drop stuff from the plane, and/or a combat module. So if you have a friend on a different channel you can have a "war". It comes with everything you need, even the 8 AA for the transmitter, for around $150 or maybe sometimes less. I have the original Aerobird from there and it flies great! If you get it search this site for "Aerobird Mods" If you do these mods you may save the plane if you crash. Anyways just my 2 cents. Here's there Website-- www.hobbyzonesports.com

-John
Old 11-20-2003, 01:36 PM

Can firebird do acrobatic?
Old 11-20-2003, 04:49 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Is this your first plane?
Trainer, and aerobatic don't go too well together. Though most all trainers will loop and roll, they don't do it quite like a good aerobatic plane.
If it's your first plane, don't worry about aerobatics, focus on learning to fly.

Jason
Old 11-20-2003, 08:54 PM

Just to answer your question- i dont think the firebird can do loops. I say this because it doesn't have elevator control like some of Hobby Zone's later planes--Aerobird (Challenger). You just speed up the motor to ascend, slow down-descend. For me the aerobird is plenty capable of the aerobatics i will be doin for a while and its fun just to "put" around with it about 20ft or less off the ground.

-John
Old 11-21-2003, 06:33 PM

this is my second plane. I've been flying Airtech Stealth for few weeks now