Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird lost range

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird lost range

I was flying today and i hit some pwer lines and it fell to the ground. Now i have no range at all. Before i didnt have to put the antenna up at all and i had very long range. now i have maybe 50 ft max?!. I took out the guts and looked any damage and i found nothing the anternna wire is sitll attached. What is going on!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:44 PM

Default RE: Aerobird lost range

Maybe it's some sort of electric shock, and now your guts(the planes guts) are malfunctioning. If you cant get it to work, try http://www.hobby-warehouse.com . They have cheap accesories, and pretty cheap planes for that matter. Go to airplanes, Electric and gadgets, Hobby zone planes, and click on accesories. Only if you cant get it to work. Fiddle with it first though. And wait until someone else responds.

Al
Old 02-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Can you see anything burnt on the control board?? It might be possible that the antenna got cut somewhere in what's covered by the insulation. You could try cutting off the antenna and find some light wire and solder it back on. (maybe a little longer length or at least the same length) Hope it helps.

-John
Old 07-08-2004, 12:00 PM

I know this is an old post, but for others, the problem may have been the "operating with the antenna down"! This is NEVER to be done! I accidently left mine on all night with ant down,well until my wife told me "that thing in there is beeping". It weakend the output transister and caused gradual lose of range. It can, sometimes, be repaired with $1.85 transister from electronics shop (Radio Shack does not carry the part). Mine was gradual but it could fail all at once and may have helped cause the crash and not damaged from the crash.