Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 going brushless for dandy sport >

going brushless for dandy sport

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

going brushless for dandy sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going brushless for dandy sport

i would prefer using himaxx. can anyone tell me which one should i get? or any brushless motor that can fit in a gws gearbox. will hacker be able to fit in?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:45 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: going brushless for dandy sport

I would put in the Himax 2025/4100 with the 6 to 1 gear ratio. These can be purchased installed, with a Cobri hardened shaft. I don't know why you want a brushless in this. Mine flys great without one, but the reason I am recommending this setup is it can later be used in a much hotter plane if you want.

I don't know if you have tried it yet with the stock 300 in it, but it has very high lift and speed will definitly cause it to ballon. But don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite planes because I can walk out my front door and throw it in the air. I can also hand the transmitter to other people and let them fly it.

Enjoy
Old 06-22-2004, 12:21 PM
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: west black

i would prefer using himaxx. can anyone tell me which one should i get? or any brushless motor that can fit in a gws gearbox. will hacker be able to fit in?

Quick and good reference is to go to [link=http://www.parkflyermotors.com/secure/shop/custom.asp?recid=7]parkflyermotors.com[/link] and download their brushless motors chart that's in Excel format.

I haven't installed it yet, but for my Dandy I got the 2015-4100. It will go into a "C" gearbox, 5.33:1 and drive a 10x8 prop. My particular choice is looking for stronger vertical.

As you can see from the chart you can pick and choose a combo looking for more power, more endurance, or a middle ground.

For the above combo I've chosen the CC Phoenix 10 ESC.

Cheers!!!

BobbyG
Old 06-24-2004, 04:28 PM

Greets,

I've been flying my Dandy with an old (old, as in last year old) Astro 010 with B gearing in a GWS box....and love it!

But, the next step is to throw a Axi 2212/34 in there for some heart stopping speed. Believe me, the Dandy Sport loves power, and loves being upgraded to Brushless with Lipos.

Geof.
www.smoothair.ca
Old 06-26-2004, 11:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with Iwatson, you do not need a brushless. The DS will fly fine at 1/2 throttle on a stock GWS setup. It will climb itself to death with more power. I use a stock setup on my Dandy GT and it has plenty of power.