Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Newb Stryker

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb Stryker

I want to build a striker. I've seen one in action and like it. I have everything I could possibly need exept for dimmensions, motor, and esc. I don't need perfect dimensions because If I can build somthing prety close I still think it will fly. Any help would be nice.

PS: I'm looking for a cheap way to get a motor and esc but I still want it to fly fast. Cheap meaning <60.

Electrolight
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Default RE: Newb Stryker

are you wanting to homebuild one? i think that'll be alot easier said then done. and you can buy a stryker fuse for 20 bucks, save you alot of time, and prolly some money too.

the motor on it is a 1880 KV parkzone brushless inrunner, and a 25A brushless speed controller. the motor alone is about 50 bucks, the EL cheapo alternative is a towerpro outrunner:

http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBI...idProduct=4709

the motor is 1700KV, and speed controller good for it. with this motor and speed controll, i would use a 7x6 apc electric. i'm running one on my twin boom homebuilt, and it'll go straight vertical, and has a flat and level speed of around 60 mph (a stock stryker C will do about the same speed).

IMHO, the best motor and esc you can buy for the buck. just remeber, if you up the prop pitch or diameter, you may risk burning the motor up. my brother shorted one using a 8x6 apc electric prop, flying full throttle for the whole batteries, changing three batteries.

if you want a lil more speed, you can buy a 9x7.5, and chop it down to 7x 7.5.

hope this helps
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 PM

Sure does but where can I buy a fuse for 20 bucks?
Will the el cheapo version still hit 60 and/or go vertical?
Is the Cheapo as good of = to the parkzone inrunner?
Last question. Do I have to use lypos? (most people do) I'd really would rather use NiMh batts.
Will this motor take a 7-10 cell NiMh batterie up and fly at nice speeds?

I don't nececarily care if my future stryker goes vert. But it would be nice!! I want a decently fast stryker (50+ mph).
and I want to get away as cheap as possible. But I don't want to sacrifice too much quallity for cheapness. In my book cheap doesn't mean crappy.

Thanks
Electrolight
Old 09-11-2007, 04:50 PM

Electrolight - Gundamnitpete was right, you need the stock fuse as a base, strengthen it with carbon rods (details are on some of the threads), a b/less is a must (very efficient), TP is good and there are other ones but its up to you. Go for an outrunner, there's lots and they're cheap!!! 25A esc will do (35A better!!!) but its all about the battery/motor. Battery (lipo) about 1700Ma but 2100/2200Mah 3S better. A cheap charger is needed. Wot TX are you using?
I ran a good scratch-built Stryker with a 10.4V H/zone battery and it was great. I made an adapter so I could switch between Lipo and NimH - I said I woud never go to Lipo. What an idiot I was. Lipos are the way, now cheaper than Nimh, more power, better charging etc. Bite the bullet and get an instant 60-70mph bird. Scan the Stryker threads (there are 3-4 for you) and absorb. All the best.[8D][8D] here's one of my cratch-built!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	It79614.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	761235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc24064.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	761236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lx11789.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	761237  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:37 PM

Tam Popo - Thank you for the info I'll take a look. My TX is a FASST 2.4Ghz. I like it! What did you mean by "a b/less is a must"?
What is the difference between an outrunner and an inrunner?

Thanks in advance
Electrolight
Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Electrolight

I want to build a striker. I've seen one in action and like it. I have everything I could possibly need exept for dimmensions, motor, and esc. I don't need perfect dimensions because If I can build somthing prety close I still think it will fly. Any help would be nice.

PS: I'm looking for a cheap way to get a motor and esc but I still want it to fly fast. Cheap meaning <60.

Electrolight
I have everything I need except everything.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM

I agree It might as well be everything