Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 New hobbyzone super cub, but need some help >

New hobbyzone super cub, but need some help

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New hobbyzone super cub, but need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hobbyzone super cub, but need some help

Well i got my new super cub the other day and it is doing pretty good. i have been flying it alot with a couple of crashes here and there, all of them when i was flying back to myself and getting the contols confused and crashing, and one on a loop. the thing that i need help with is the motor. After crashing and breaking my propeller the motor would just die at half trottle but when i took the propeller off it would go all the way up to full trottle. so i put on the new propeller and it still doesnt go up to full trottle without the motor dieing. so i chared my battery and it works just fine again. I was flying in the snow when i crashed but i dont think that is any part of the problem. does the motor just shut off when ever there to much force and not enough battery left? that may have been the problem when i stalled out on the loop it sounded like the motor just shut off in mid air and it was doing loop all day just fine. Thanks for any help
Old 12-17-2007, 10:24 PM

Default RE: New hobbyzone super cub, but need some help

oh and ACT is off so thats not the problem.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is an automatic voltage cut off when your battery runs down. It shuts down the motor, but leaves the rudder and elevator operative. You can switch the motor back on at limited speed by moving the control arms. Check the manual for that procedure...it all just means that you are flying longer than the battery can handle. rich
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM

thanks alot for your help i guess i will read more of the manual next time a get a plane! makes me feel better that there nothing wrong with it
Old 12-21-2007, 06:14 AM

As Richg99b says it cuts out the motor and leaves the surfaces working, you ca re-arm the motor for a short while by closing the throttle for a second or two and the starting it again but it's not advisable to do it on a regular basis as it''ll damage the battery, you're better off getting a timer and landing with 30 seconds approx before the battery goes. As you move onto bigger faster not so forgiving planes the battery cutting can easily lead to a crash and if you think about the time and cost against possibly loosing 30 seconds of air time by pushing the battery to the limit it's just not worth it !!!!!!
The charger I got with the Super Cub wasn't great either, sometimes it would fully charge the battery and take about 1 hr to give approx 10 mins flight time, other times it would think the battery was fully charged after 15 mins and give about 2 mins flight time, in the end I decided as I loved the hobby and would be in it for a while I bought a decent charger that I now use for my Lipo's and TX as well.
Hope that helps !!!!
Neville