Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 SLOW STICK BRUSHLESS MOUNT HELP >

SLOW STICK BRUSHLESS MOUNT HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

SLOW STICK BRUSHLESS MOUNT HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLOW STICK BRUSHLESS MOUNT HELP

Ok I am outfitting this plane and I am sure I would get disapproval from most of you because this is my first one. BUT...I am doing it and just basically taking a plane that was already built and upgrading it. YES I put a new speed control in it also. Thanks to all of you with the help for that. OK I have in my hands a DUALSKY 2410-12. It came with this gray mount for it. HOW DO I USE IT because I can not seem to find a good way for it to fit on the motor. I will include pics so you guys can steer me in the right direction. Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20881.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	848469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57416.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	848470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13200.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	848471  
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM

Default RE: SLOW STICK BRUSHLESS MOUNT HELP

Well it almost looks like the only way to mount it is on the outside of the mount. mount the motor as in pic 3.... Do the holes line up? If not just drill new holes.
The motor will stick out further but it doesn't look like the motor is great for this application.

Hope this helps and goodluck
Old 01-11-2008, 11:39 PM

Dbl, I assume this is your motor. https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...?idProduct=668 I use the same mount, bigger motor, on my slow stick. Here is how I did it.

I took the brake disc portion and used double-sided thin tape to stick the aluminum to the plastic mount. It now occurs to me that I could glue it on, bu then I would have to wait. I then drilled out the plastic through the holes in the al mount. Then I just screwed everything together. For the best results, you want the close together holes on top. That way you can shim the motor down and right.

You might be able to use the 11x8 props with this motor, enjoy it.

I hope that this helps,

Tim
Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you've got the 'standard' mount, you'll notice the holes in it aren't evenly spaced, but are in a 'Y' pattern. The 'bottom of the y' hole fits in the hole where the stick goes (screws into the wood, maybe. If so, and the stick is soft, harden the hole with CA). The other holes bolt into the circular rim. The shaft of the motor lines up with the hole for the shaft in the gearbox. That used to be standard practice. Don't know if the design of the gearbox has changed. It looks like it's got a lip on it that won't let the mount seat flush on the front face of the gearbox.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:42 PM

This link shows a 2410-12 (bp12) w/ similar mount:

http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=493

Cheers,
Lawrence
Old 01-12-2008, 06:32 PM

Take a piece of ply and epoxy it to the mount. I use interior door skin as ply. Screw the motor plate to the ply. Drill out the ply to the same diameter of the plate. put the motor on and away you go. I glue the ply on then use my belt sander to sand it down to be flush with the mount. I did this a couple of times then just milled a square dowel to fit inside of the fuselage and epoxied the ply to it. I cut the end of the dowel 3 degrees and doubled the ply for extra mounting surface.