Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Irvine .53 and the Morris Sledge >

Irvine .53 and the Morris Sledge

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Irvine .53 and the Morris Sledge

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 07:23 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Irvine .53 and the Morris Sledge

I'm getting to the engine/fuel tank set-up point in construction.

Is anyone else flying with this combination? My question is, can the Irvine pull the fuel the 6-7 inches requred if the fuel tank is located inside the wing as shown on the plans? Would you descripe your Irvine's reliablity after extended climbs, extended dives.

How has the balance turned out with the 18.2 ounce Irvine in front? Did you have to move the engine back against the fuselage "stop" on the rails (furthest back point)?

I am installing my elevator and rudder servos behind the wing so I may need nose weight.
Thanx
Old 12-19-2002, 08:37 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Yes me
2. Yes it pulls fuel fine from the wing
3. my irvine is as far towards the front as I can get it because mine was a little tail heavy but mine is a pre production version
The irvine WAY overpowers this plane and extended vertical is something you wont have to worry about
Old 12-20-2002, 02:09 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response, smallfly. I realize the Irvine will provide space shuttle launch vertical performance, but my question centered on whether or not the engine stays running after an extended climb (drawing fuel against gravity and acceleration) and extended dive (possible air getting into that long fuel line that would starve it.

I solved an engine kill problem on another profile funfly with a Thunder Tiger engine by using a Tettra bladder tank that eliminated air in the fuel line at all times no matter what the fuel level. I could always count on an engine-out after a long slow dive.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OS bubbeless clunk or the dubro filter clunk do wonders for fuel flow.

Good to the last drop.