Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
Fine Tuning Xicoy FADEC V10 and PST 600R >

Fine Tuning Xicoy FADEC V10 and PST 600R

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

Fine Tuning Xicoy FADEC V10 and PST 600R

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 01:47 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fine Tuning Xicoy FADEC V10 and PST 600R

I live at 6,800MSL. Using David Gladwin's suggested 600R starting numbers for the Xicoy FADEC, my first start experience with the V10 on the PST 600R was a pleasant, no surprises experience: I got a very nice, soft start on gas and the transition ramp to K-1 was smooth as well. Toward the end of the ramp, however, I think it was a bit on the fat/rich side. That is, more visible [blue with a tinge of orange] flame and a couple of pops. Once the fuel ramp was completed everyone seemed happy.
Is it the Pump Start Ramp that needs to be reduced a tad? For reference I've included the numbers below. If anyone could share their experience with me I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike

David's PST 600R Numbers
Full Power Speed 160,000 RPM
Idle Speed 55,000 RPM
Start/Min Temp 0100°C
Max Temperature 0800°C
Acceleration Delay 009
Deceleration Delay 010
Stability Delay 096
Pump Limit 0812
Pump Start Point Auto +3
Pump Start Ramp 011
Glow Plug Power 2v
Start Gas Adjust 100%
Low Battery Voltage 6.0V
Starter Power at Ignition 068
Ignition Max RPM 6,000
Ignition Min RPM 6,000
Preheat 1 Time 2.0S
Starter Power at Preheat 096
RPM 100% Starter Power 22,000
RPM Off Starter 35,000
RPM to Reconnect Starter 33,000
Old 01-08-2016, 10:01 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not much help here . . .
Old 01-10-2016, 07:43 AM
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Mike,

I have no experience with PST engines but am somewhat familiar with FADEC software.

The amount of fuel during ramp up is primarily controlled by two parameters: PUMP START POINT and PUMP START RAMP. As the name implies PUMP START POINT sets the power of the pump at the beginning of the fuel ramp, this also defines the minimum pump speed. PUMP START RAMP defines the rate of fuel increase during the ramp phase.

For PUMP START POINT, AUTO+3 seems a little high. Most of my engines are at +1 or +2. If you reduce that setting then you will have less fuel throughout the ramp phase. Since it runs fine at the beginning of the ramp phase then that value is probably OK for your set up.

To keep the same amount of fuel at the beginning of the ramp phase and have less towards the end you should reduce PUMP START RAMP. Try reducing it in steps of 002 until you have no flames. If you get to the point where it takes too long to get to idle then you should increase the value. Since you're experiencing popping, you may have a clogged injector or something else going on in the engine that is affecting your starts.

By the way I still have both of my Enforcers, Byro-Blaster and Turbine but rarely fly them any more in favor of my newer jets.

Good Luck,
Joe