Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > PST Jets
 J600R mounting straps >

J600R mounting straps

Community
Search
Notices
PST Jets Direct support for PST Jets Turbines.

J600R mounting straps

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J600R mounting straps

I've just received my J600R,

I have a problem with the fit of the mounting straps.
They have double sided tape inside and are just too tight with them. I removed it and it is still very tight, has anyone had this trouble what is the fix? I was thinking of putting whashers between both strap halves.
What is the purpose of the tape?

Thanks
Florent
Old 10-11-2005, 04:16 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: J600R mounting straps

Hi Florent,

There is normally a dark grey friction martial on the inside of the straps. It’s meant to be there.

Normally you'll notice the straps are a bit tight right from the point where you first install the M4 fasteners, and it should grip the turbine quite firmly when the screws are all tightened down such that the flanges are in contact. If you are concerned about it and you're in a hurry to run it, I'd say try adding a washer or two between the flanges to space them apart slightly. If you do so, please watch for any shift in the turbine's position while running... If its too loose, you’ll notice it shift forward until the glow plug contacts the strap. Otherwise, please try contacting the dealer you purchased the motor from in the off-chance that the parts were formed out of the manufacturer's spec.

Good luck,
Kelly W
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J600R mounting straps

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the answer, I ended up removing the tape, it will be fine without it! after all it works for jetcat with 16kg of thrust without tape so I believe I'll have enough grip with this little jewel!