Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Can I use Monocote trim over 21st Century Fabric? >

Can I use Monocote trim over 21st Century Fabric?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Can I use Monocote trim over 21st Century Fabric?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 04:28 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use Monocote trim over 21st Century Fabric?

I'm building a Goldberg Cub. I'd like to use Century Fabric covering but I also want to use some trim sheet for the black stripe. Will this work? Is the fabric smooth enough for monocote to stick to it? I don't want to get involved with paints.

Also, what kind of gear works good for a Cub? That wire gear doesn't look too cool.

Tom
Old 01-18-2002, 03:33 AM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Can I use Monocote trim over 21st Century Fabric?

Any reason not to try 21st fabric for the black also? I know it hurt$ to purchase a whole roll for a couple of strips (done that!), but the fabric over the fabric holds so well.

Have a Midwest Citabria that has their box scheme done with Century 21st fabric and over 4 years of being stored in the garage (-10 to +110 degree F), hardly had a wrinkle! It takes longer to put on, but the trim goes on w/o bubbles!!! MoneyKote - don't know, never put any 'glossy' finishes over the fabric.

Jerry