Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

First jump plane?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First jump plane?

Can anybody tell me of a good Electric RTF plane that is capable of taking up A ultimate skydiver(RCSKYDIVER.com),Or if a electric plane is even capable of doing that.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:56 AM

Default RE: First jump plane?

Hobby Lobby has a Senior Telemaster that is set up for electric power. You can check them out at the attached URL:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/srtele-arf.htm I'm using a Senior Telemaster with a Super Tigre 26cc motor.
Juan
Old 03-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Thanks juan i will check that out..I am going to be buying the Ultimate skydiver package from RCskydiver.com.I have a friend that has a plane that can carry it up, But i thought i would just pick up a plane myself..My little brother is into the planes so i thought he could fly and i could fall>>>Lol.
I got your PM just to let you know.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM

You are very Welcome. I just noticed that you are located in Hammond,OR. I live south of Olympia, WA. Are we anywhere close?
Juan
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM

Yeah I think so.Hammond is about a half mile south of Astoria oregon,All i have to do is cross the bridge into washington.I am not quite sure where Olympia is but i think i went through there once on the way to a seahawks game in seattle.I am only about an 50 mins from vancouver.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM

Olympia is about 100 miles north of Portland, OR. Once the weather gets better perhaps we can get together and make some drops.
Juan
Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 AM

Sounds great..It would be nice to do some drops with sombody that has been doing it for awhile.I would buy my jumper now but the money i saved up over the summer is going towards my real skydiving.I am planning on getting my Skydiving lisence i only need 25 more jumps.Thats the main reason why iam so interested in this hobby.It will give me somthing to do now that iam done with school....Yay..lol. Plus it will keep me busy considering that i cant drive to my dz everyday(its about a 2 and a half hour drive from here).
When i get my Jumper iam planning on testing him out with a few BASE jumps from a 110' tower down the street from my house to test out the controls a bit.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM

Electric can definitely do the job. I'm using my dad's old DuraPlane that's been electrified (5S A123's) to drop my homemade jumper. He also has a Telemaster that would probably do the job.

I've got the drop down. Now, if I can just get my chute to open properly.

- Brad
Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the reply.I havent got my jumper yet iam gonna place my order here in a couple weeks.Iam getting the ulyimate skydiver from rcskydiving.com.I have never really flown rc planes.I had 1 in the 7th grade, it was just a parkflyer.I would like to buy a a electric plane capable of lifting 3 lbs. I know thats alot.It would also be good if it was under $400.00 considering that iam spending $650.00 on my jumper....The good thing though is my jumper is coming with full radio equipment.
If i cant get a jump plane, Iam ok with that. I have a few good BASE jumping sites here where i live.I am also going to Twin falls idaho to the Perrine bridge for some BASE jumping so might just bring my jumper with me.
once again thank you for the reply.

Jacob...
Old 03-29-2008, 09:41 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jacob,

Welcone to the hobby of R/C Skydiving.
Check out the area R/C swap meets, Just about any .60 size trainer with a .60 or .90 size engine can carry up a 3 lb. jumper.
My drop plane can carry up to 3 - 4lb jumpers, and my friends will carry the same.
When we are at the field practicing we use a PT 60 trainer 6ft. wingspan (his) with a .91 OS FX engine (mine) and a single drop set up, to carry up 4lb jumpers. He and I both have jumpers from rcdropzone.com and I have a 'Mike" from Paramax in Germany, and a home made jumper with a canopy from TV Products in Belgium.

Gary V
Old 03-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Thak you for the info Gary,I just got back from my local hobby shop.They have a couple of trainers, i think one of them had .60 engine.They had a really nice Telemaster but the price is a little steep.I'am gonna shop around a little before i commit to a plane.

Thanks again garyV.

Jacob..