Community
Search
Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Adding a Flag to a Diver

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a Flag to a Diver

Well, It is now time to add a flag to a diver. So, instead of dirtdiving him in trails I thought it best to just ask...

1. deminsions of the flag and What material should it be made of?
2. Where does the flag hook onto?
3. how much weight should be added and to where...? (does it need to be added to the flag itself? sewen into the flag somehwere?)Or on a string after the flag.
4. Where should the flag be folded and stored so that it does not interfere with the chute

BTW I am flying the ultimate diver from rcskydiving....

Ucak aka brad
Old 05-10-2008, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Adding a Flag to a Diver

Ucak:
Go to the members bar at start up , when it comes up type these two names they both have chutes with flags attached to thier jumpers.

1 R/C Skydiver

2 aileron 101

Then type a email to them I am sure they will help you get a flag attached to your jumper.

BOB[8D][8D]
Old 05-12-2008, 06:06 AM

Hi u can also contact Theo Vassen, he assisted me with some very good detailed photos of his flag release system. Just look through the forums his name will pop up. Take a look at the jumper photo thread, there is a photo of his diver with 2 flags. I havnt gotten round to changing my diver yet to accomodate that type of flag release system.

Hope this helps
Old 05-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Hi,

Here is Theo's e-mail addr: [email protected]

I have a flag release on one of my MIKE jumpers. It uses a second flap behind the 'chute and needs a second release point on the canopy release pin. The flags is 45x30cm and uses a two oz. lead weight. The flag is attached to the foot of the jumper. The flag is deployed after the canopy has been opened.

Hope this helps

Paul
Old 05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Uchak
To answer to your questions, I will be happy to send you a CD that I made for Jules & Theo in Belgium if you will send me your mailing address by email ([email protected]). It explains all that you need to know about attaching a flag to your jumper. Paul is using the same method as I use on the Parramax "Mike" jumper.
I started out with a 15x26" flag made of rayon on a Robbie "Charly" jumper and am now modifying a 29x46" flag to use on my "Mike". You need a light thin flag made of rayon or some other very light material. My video shows how it rigged to fly hanging down from the jumpers foot. Be aware that when deployed, it will cause you to loose some control and penetration because of "Flag Drag" and high winds. By experimenting, you can establish your own flag size and wind limits.
RC Skydiving certainly draws a lot of spectator attention at airshows and dropping a flag attached to the jumper is the crowning touch!

Jim Boone

Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Hi Ucak,

I can only confirm that the video Jim is talking about is very clear in how to set up your skydiver successfully for flag display .
Theo and I have spend a lot of time in testing over and over again and thinking ok this is it ,yes yes yes NO ! NO ! NO !
3 good displays of the flag and than 6 or 7 times ,twister, dirtdive , and so on, to be short ,a disaster .

Then Jim was so helpfull to make a video of how he was doing things , and now we have seen the light !
We where on the right track only over looking important details.
Now thanks to Jim we have a rate of 90% good flag displays , not bad I think !

Jim thanks again for helping us out of the swamp

Hope to see you guys in Muncie again this year !

,Jules
Old 05-13-2008, 05:32 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Jules

Thanks for the good words. I will be in Muncie this year too. Will send you an email on my plans later.

All you other R/C Skydivers from around the country should join us at the skydiver rally on Sept 13-14. You will have a ball, meet some great people and learn a lot about how to have more fun with your jumper. Now that we know for sure that Jules is coming all the way from Belgium, it will be an International event!!! Don't miss it!!!

Jim
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Jim,

Hey thanks for the CD offer. I sent my address to your email. I look forward to dropping with a flag! It sounds like the CD is the best around.

Ucak / Brad