Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Himoto racing official support

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:45 AM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himoto racing official support

Hi,

HIMOTO RACING is specialized in designing and manufacturing diverse racing 4WD model cars in Taiwan and China. With professional product knowledge and skillful technique, the designing team is active in digesting the advantages of world-renowned brands so as to create our own 1/10 & 1/8 nitro powered & electric powered touring cars as well as nitro powered buggies; and monster tuck that are excellent for national and international super model car racing. With the concept of HIMOTO RACING in mind from the commencement, the company achieves our effective quality control approaches through each procedure. Our customers are very much glad with satisfaction with our various new model cars from time to time.

HIMOTORACING.COM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28191.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	566280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25435.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	566281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25988.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	566282  
Old 11-25-2006, 10:32 AM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

Default RE: Himoto racing official support

Hello, I am the owner of Himoto Racing. It is great to see some action on these forums regarding Himoto Racing. If you have any issues let me know at [email protected]. We will review these boards and answer questions as best we can.

Colin
Himoto Racing
Old 11-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: OFFICAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

We will review these boards and answer questions as best we can.
Q1, Why have you blatently copied the Hyper 7 PBS and claimed it to be a new design ???
Old 11-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Hincappe

I THINK HE MEANT EASIER QUESTIONS HAHA
Old 11-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

I THINK HE MEANT EASIER QUESTIONS HAHA

Old 11-25-2006, 08:43 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no copying have you ever heard of A patent. So all of the buggys are the basic and then they design from there. If you did it would be A copy right problem and thats not legal. So any other help with one of our products or parts let us know. We would be glad to help you. Have A nice day and don't forget to smile.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

There is no copying have you ever heard of A patent. So all of the buggys are the basic and then they design from there. If you did it would be A copy right problem and thats not legal. So any other help with one of our products or parts let us know. We would be glad to help you. Have A nice day and don't forget to smile.
Umm wasn't it himoto that said their buggy was basically a copy of the Kyosho MP777? Even saying that the kyosho parts will fit on the buggy. It might have been redcat I'm not completly sure.

Even if I'm mistaken on that how about this which I took straight from himoto's web site:

http://www.himotoracing.com/index.ph...s&scale=8&pg=1 click on the "more details" under the torpeda pro.

"Introduction

This is the NEWEST 4-wheel drive off-road ready-to-run buggy style TORPEDA PRO .27 Engine Nitro car. This is a 1:8 scale unstoppable nitro power.

R/C 1:8 SCALE NITRO POWERED 4WD RACING OFF-ROAD RACING BUGGY FROM "HIMOTO" TORPEDA PRO WITH SH27 TAIWAN ENGINE AND DURABLE BODY WHICH IS MORE RESIST TO CRASH THAN PVC BODY!

THIS BABY RUNS OVER 80MPH OFF-ROAD ON NITRO-FUEL GAS!!"

Are you sure it goes 80+mph? I can pretty much guarentee you it doesn't go that fast. Besides any true 1/8 racer knows its not about top speed but acceleration and more importantly handling.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:04 PM
giddyuperic

There is no reason to yell at me!!! And I don't understand why you care? Do you have A himoto car or buggy? If so then what can we help you with if not then what does really mean why do you guys care sooooo much about bad mouthing himoto don't you have anything else to do with your time. Thank you very much and have A nice day and don't forget to smile
Old 11-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Super_Dave

I care because this is a forum to help people from wasting money on bad products .
Old 11-25-2006, 11:30 PM
giddyuperic

Do you go to the redcat forum and say the same things? And I think people can make up their own minds. So any thing we can do for you or some one else then let us know. And have A nice evening and don't forget to smile
Old 11-25-2006, 11:56 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Why doesn’t Himoto just start their own forum like Redcat? How many Himoto support threads have been started on here in numerous places? I know of at least two I do think this is against forum polices. I am not arguing just discussing.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:22 AM
giddyuperic

Thank you for pointing that out. And the thread started by giddyuperic is not the official support. The one started by the owner is the right one. thank you and anything we can do to help we are here.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Da Smak
Banned

twas the first thing to jump out at me too...

THIS BABY RUNS OVER 80MPH OFF-ROAD ON NITRO-FUEL GAS!!

LIARS!!! That's all there is to it, even 80Kmph aint really doable, you print that in the UK and I'll sue your asses under trade descriptions, the only time it'll approach those speeds would bein the boot of a 1:1.

Anyway back to the main point. Himoto have no originaltiy their buggies are pure copies of he MP7.5 sport and the Hyper 7 PBS.

And you think the claim above is wild.
[link=http://www.projdm.com/Monster-Truck-Japan-Engine-Nitro-Gas-Car-Himoto-HI6202_3977_15684.html]Check this claim out too.[/link]
Old 11-26-2006, 03:28 AM
cod

its not very good when you lie about your product claiming it does 85mph when its not even capable of half that speed, its very misleading.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:45 AM
Hincappe

hahahha

I THINK THIS ISNT THE RESPONCE HI-NO-GO WAS EXPECTING

HAHHAAHA AND DONT FORGET TO SMILE HAHHAHA
Old 11-26-2006, 06:01 AM
mozzzy_2000

why dis something when you guys obviousy have not even owned let alone run one of these himoto's. So you're opinions mean little to this thread. Why don't you guys populate the other threads where you are more welcome. This is designed for people that actually own these cars or interested people wanting to know. You do no favours for yourself or this sport whinging & whining like children. Haven't you got anything constructive or helpful to share?
Anyway guys what nitro availabe today is completely unique and unlike any other? Not one. They all share the same design features in basic form. Its a little short sighted to single out himoto and say they are cheap copys. Copys or clones or whatever you want to call them, as I owner of a torpeda pro I can tell you that it is an extremely well built buggy. You mention its a copy of a hyper but if you really new what you were on about, it's actually almost identical to a kyosho mp7.5. Having also owned a kyosho, I can also say that the himoto in a lot of ways is actually superior to the kyosho. It has many features that are after market hopups on more expensive brands.
Anyway I don;t have to justify it to the likes of you guys cuz quite frankly I don;t give a dam. Anyone who has a himoto wil tell you what tremendous value these nitro are and they have opened up the market for budget priced RTR kits.
And in regards to the 80MPH claim, yes you are correct, of course the don't go that fast. But I beleive this is an error in the translation from Chinese to English ans I am pretty sure ist meant ot stare 80KPH not MPH, which would be highly accurate as again I have this buggy and can tell you it goes at least 50MPH. And before you go onto say its a cheap chinese knockoff. I may also point out that it is made by a Kyosho OEM factory in China.
Anyway guys I think I have given you way too much of my time already.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Hincappe

sorry no standard buggy with any sort of standard gearing even with a vspec or c6 can go 80km/hour.

we have drag races here and at most with stnadard 13t bell and 46tspur it can go is around 70km/hour thats with a C6.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:12 AM
mozzzy_2000

well aren;t you clever??!! and your point is??? 10KPH difference?? gee what like 6MPH?? get a life looser. oh thats right you don;t have one. You are seriously boardering on being a serial pest my friend. The more you carry on mate the less you are welcome and I guarantee no one will even bother talking to before to long. anyway don;t you have snail racing to occupy yourself?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Hincappe

buddy. the different between 70 and 80 may not sound alot but for toy cars its huge.

it like saying i can run a 12second 100meter, and you think your fast, but really its very slow. going from 12 second to 10 second is ONLY 2 seconds yeah? and then going to 10second which everyone in the 100m final can do to 9second is only another 1 second yeah. oh thats easy yeh?

anyway my point is that himoto would not go anywhere near 80 let alone EVEN 70. prob at most 40km if lucky

anyway... KEEP ON SMILING
Old 11-26-2006, 06:35 AM
Hincappe

sorry i mean "and dont forget to smile"
Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 AM
cod

i think himoto are a company who want to improve on the quilty of there products and want to get noticed on the buggy scene, and with the new pro version coming out on the horizon they may surprise a few people, if they get good drivers and support there is no reason why they cant mix with the big boys
Old 11-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

anyway my point is that himoto would not go anywhere near 80 let alone EVEN 70. prob at most 40km if lucky
Hinny, though I agree with your basic aguement, please note that the stock speed for an RTR is just over 40Kmph, now for a buggy to go over 40Mph is becoming common, but to hit 80Mph is redculous, even with twin .26 picco monsters and a 2 speed box, my hybrid struggles to get up there. Now an MT that does 85MPH.... these guys are certainly spending their weekends trainspotting, think when they get off their high they'll realise that coming to RCU and posting such utter crap was a bad idea. Even trying to pass off 2 buggy designs (COPIES) as their own R&D was wasting their time, we saw straight through them and if the other stuff on their site had the shells off then we'd probably spot what they were too.

Mozzy, they have 2 1/8th buggies, the first of which they openly admit is a copy of the MP7.5, the second which i pictured at the top of a thread IS A HYPER 7 COPY. So before you turn on folk, go and research.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:00 AM
giddyuperic

I really don't understand why you guy's don't have anything else do do with your time? We all know that 80mph 45kpn are not true ,but close and it's A maketing. And this forum is to help people help other people you don't worry us one bit. Maybe you should pay more attention to you wife's or children, And I don't under stand why you don't go after redcat they sell the same kinds of buggy's and cars just with other names and different parts here and there. So please don't open your mouth unless you have some thing nice to say or be helpful . We are here to help people who can't spend A lot of money on A buggy and want to get in to rc. We do not claim to be the best thing out there. But what we do say that we can get you started in the rc car with A good products at low price and we will be there if you need parts and up grades at A good price. So please JUST GIVE IT A BREAK go and pick on someone who really cares. And have A nice day and don't forget to smile. thanks Eric
Old 11-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

I really don't understand why you guy's don't have anything else do do with your time? We all know that 80mph 45kpn are not true ,but close and it's A maketing. And this forum is to help people help other people you don't worry us one bit. Maybe you should pay more attention to you wife's or children, And I don't under stand why you don't go after redcat they sell the same kinds of buggy's and cars just with other names and different parts here and there. So please don't open your mouth unless you have some thing nice to say or be helpful . We are here to help people who can't spend A lot of money on A buggy and want to get in to rc. We do not claim to be the best thing out there. But what we do say that we can get you started in the rc car with A good products at low price and we will be there if you need parts and up grades at A good price. So please JUST GIVE IT A BREAK go and pick on someone who really cares. And have A nice day and don't forget to smile. thanks Eric
Well I think you'll fid that we are being more than helpful in warning the noobs about the wild claims from Himoto, so even though this is a copy of a Hyper 7 and it comes with a little redesign, I think that the kyosho diffs in it just prove how cheap they are and how unreliable they will be.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:52 AM
RCtruckRacer

I must say, using this thread as a b1tching session is not the right thing to do. Whether anyone's claims here are valid or not, we have been given an access point to someone at the top of the company. With the added promise of someone coming back here from time to time to answer questions as they can. Some of you have probably just spoiled that. A company representative extended a hand in friendship, and it nearly got taken off. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I think its fine for you to vent your frustrations, but this isn't the proper place to do it. Now this thread will die because the person that started it will never come back. And those that have a Himoto vehicle will not be able have any questions answered here.

Colin: If you actually do read this, Kudos to you! If more companies represented themselves in places like RCU, all of us would be better off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.