Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile need help

hello guyz, hope everybody is well.. i just came into a nitro motor, its a picco 90? it has 3 glow plugs in the head??? i cant say i know how to run this motor. do i need to light all glow plugs?? tuning on the needles. this is a big motor that im not sure about. any info would be awesome....
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've seen 2-plug heads but not 3. Fire it up on one then hit the other 2 once it's running iwth the ignitor. A metered ignitor will let you know the plug is hot.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 PM

cool bro thank you ill do that. do you know why their would be 3 plugs???? any other tuning info would be great???... thank you again ron
Old 08-24-2013, 03:56 AM

It may allow the use of higher nitro. The rule of thumb is that the smaller the engine, the higher nitro you can run. Believe it or not, nitro is considered a slow burning fuel, kind of funny when you consider that we have the little engines cranking out 38-42,000 RPM. In the "big-block" .90's the 2- or 3-plug heads help to give you a better fuel burn so you can run more nitro than you normally would. We're seeing this also in everything from Top Fuel and Funny Car engines to the little 2.3 Liter in my Ford pick-up using 2 plugs per cylinder.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM

ok i started and did some tuning, found out the carb is kinda messed up. does anybody have a spare picco .90 carb and the little set screw that goes in the plate to hold it in place? let me know how much so i can get my friends boat running good.. thank you ron o for all ur help, u rock bro!!
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM

I did some research and did come up with Hallam Marine Hobby in Ontario, Canada but their site is down right now. I'll see if I can dig up someone else in the meantime.
The patriarch of the family just passed way around a month ago, Roger.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM

thank you so much bro... o man i didnt know that about the family.